RealModScene
wickedmiles

Starting from scratch

I have an xbox slim jtagged for me by a friend with 500gb external hdd hooked up and kinect. Freestyle version was on the version 2s. I want to start from scratch, i mean every file on my xbox gone except for the games. Basically the games, other files (which i want gone) and FSD is on my external hdd. What do i need to do to do these? I just want to start fresh and then install the latest version of FSD and then the games without the unnecessary files and just be up to date with everything. Please help me with these. 

If what I'm thinking your saying is correct, you want to wipe out all of the files for the microsoft dashboard on your Xbox.  To do this you'd have to delete them out of your flash memory.  Please do not do this.  You need to understand that Freestyle dash isn't actually a replacement for microsoft's dashboard.  It is a game that acts like a dashboard that uses the microsoft dashboard resources to run itself.  If you want to install FSD to your usb just use the installer available to you on this site.  Then you can delete your old FSD from off of your internal drive.

If what I'm thinking your saying is correct, you want to wipe out all of the files for the microsoft dashboard on your Xbox.  To do this you'd have to delete them out of your flash memory.  Please do not do this.  You need to understand that Freestyle dash isn't actually a replacement for microsoft's dashboard.  It is a game that acts like a dashboard that uses the microsoft dashboard resources to run itself.  If you want to install FSD to your usb just use the installer available to you on this site.  Then you can delete your old FSD from off of your internal drive.

Thank you for answering. I understand what Freestyle is clearly, a replacement dash for the original dash of the Xbox. What i meant to say that i want to start fresh is to basically remove the Freestyle dash, saved games and all the files on my Xbox (also with the external, which basically saves all the files) except for the games. What i want is like your unboxing an new Xbox which is already Jtagged, so clearly it has no files on it. Then i'll install the Freestyle dash and add the games. What i want to get rid off is the "Content/000000000000/............/........" This kind of files. I just want to start fresh so i don't have the junk files that i don't need anymore. Sorry for the explanation, it really is hard to explain but hopefully you get what i mean. Thank you.

Could just hooking up my external hdd on the computer and backup all the games and then format the hdd do the trick? I mean, yeah basically it will erase everything, but will everything be fine to what i'm gonna do? Back up games, format and then install all the needed files like xexmenu, freestyle, dashlaunch. I have manually deleted each and every save files on my xbox 4g memory. Just really want to start fresh so i can totally use all the storage without all the junks. But yeah, what i just said was not really junk, it's part of the game saves, but i just really want to start from scratch.

Here's an idea, once you have your games off of the internal, use the microsoft dash to format your hard drive.  That will get rid of everything that you don't need and restore your drive as though it were brand new.

• Like 1

Here's an idea, once you have your games off of the internal, use the microsoft dash to format your hard drive.  That will get rid of everything that you don't need and restore your drive as though it were brand new.

Thank you so much for this.

• Like 1