RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
itechfade

Need help with Genesis emulator

Have a slim 2012 rgh i think it has corona because there is no way for me to boot in xell. Still kinda new to this, but I have mame360 and snes360 on the console. I have been trying to find the one for Genesis. I have Genesis plus installed but the games don't show up wen I launch it. Is there a tut anyone knows of? Or could someone kinda give me a run down on how to install it.

ok well i downloaded GenesisPlus360-GODPKG_v018 i think maybe thats what you have. if so you should have a folder FFED7300/00007000 then a file 00001039 and folder 00001039.data. if so its in a GoD format. if so you cant select your own paths for your roms and the readme dont help.

I used GoD2ISO then 360mpGui to get it back to a jtag rip. once i did i found the settings.xml. this is the info in the settings.xml

<Settings>  <!-- <MappedDrive DriveName="GAME (XeX Location)" Path="GAME:ROMS"/> -->  <MappedDrive DriveName="USB Drive"  Path="USB0:_EmusGenesis360ROMS"/>  <MappedDrive DriveName="HDD Drive"  Path="HDD:EmusGenesis360ROMS"/>  <MappedDrive DriveName="DVD Drive"  Path="DVD:"/>  <PreviewPath>hdd:EmusGenesis360Preview</PreviewPath></Settings> 

this path i think wont work cause of the <!-- at the start  <!-- <MappedDrive DriveName="GAME (XeX Location)" Path="GAME:ROMS"/> -->

the rest will work if you place your roms in those paths. i tested with<MappedDrive DriveName="HDD Drive"  Path="HDD:EmusGenesis360ROMS"/>  with .zip files and .smd files both worked.

now if you dont have the GoD version of this Emulator and have a settings.xml. well thanks for wasting my time.

ok well i downloaded GenesisPlus360-GODPKG_v018 i think maybe thats what you have. if so you should have a folder FFED7300/00007000 then a file 00001039 and folder 00001039.data. if so its in a GoD format. if so you cant select your own paths for your roms and the readme dont help.

I used GoD2ISO then 360mpGui to get it back to a jtag rip. once i did i found the settings.xml. this is the info in the settings.xml

<Settings>  <!-- <MappedDrive DriveName="GAME (XeX Location)" Path="GAME:ROMS"/> -->  <MappedDrive DriveName="USB Drive"  Path="USB0:_EmusGenesis360ROMS"/>  <MappedDrive DriveName="HDD Drive"  Path="HDD:EmusGenesis360ROMS"/>  <MappedDrive DriveName="DVD Drive"  Path="DVD:"/>  <PreviewPath>hdd:EmusGenesis360Preview</PreviewPath></Settings> 

this path i think wont work cause of the <!-- at the start  <!-- <MappedDrive DriveName="GAME (XeX Location)" Path="GAME:ROMS"/> -->

the rest will work if you place your roms in those paths. i tested with<MappedDrive DriveName="HDD Drive"  Path="HDD:EmusGenesis360ROMS"/>  with .zip files and .smd files both worked.

now if you dont have the GoD version of this Emulator and have a settings.xml. well thanks for wasting my time.

ok so I thought I had it... once I open the paths, do I change them to my drive names or do I just take out the -- and !