RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Eezay

Xbox doesn't boot after fsd update

Hi guys,

today I let my rgh xbox do some updates, through settings/general/updates. I think it was the R775 update.

After the files were downloaded it asked me to reboot FSD. So did I but the xbox hang itself in a black screen without any text. After a while I shut it down and turned on again. But now my xbox doesn't want to start. It hangs on the white Xbox 360 logo and I see shortly that my account was loaded but nothing else appears. :( It doesn't boot into the normal dashboard nor into fsd. Xell is working fine though.

Could please anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

lol, been rebooting the xbox since an hour now. nothing changed...

can't I reinstall fsd or dashlaunch through xell?... have no idea what to do now.

Did you try holding down RB on boot to access your normal dash? Sometimes I have to tap RB repeatedly to get in... from there hopefully you have the retail version of xexmenu(or a working FSD) available. Re-load 775 and you should be ok. Does FTP access work when you hear your account load?

For the future, It's a good idea to set an alternative boot option when installing dash launch (hold b = usb:default.xex for example)

HOLD RB while system is booting and it will go into the stock dashboard, load xexmenu and copy the offline package over your old files

Thanks guys! I managed to start xexmenu and copy the offline files. Everything works. I didn't know that thing with holding RB to get into stock dash :D

Hello everyone. I would like to weight in on this problem with mine, I don't remember updating my Freestyle Dash personally, it may have done it automatically I am not sure, but when went to boot up my rgh xbox slim today it got stuck on the logo screen as this mate already said. I have removed the launch.ini file on my hard-drive and managed to get into original dash. I thought, I would do a clean install or something and I re-formated my hard-drive, re-install everything from scratch, now I have only one problem left. I cannot install title updates, I have multiple games but to no avail, latest freestyle dash says there are no updates found, and the previous one simply downloads nothing. Thing is, it wasn't like this before. I had no problem of installing title updates through freestyle dash. I am quite new to this stuff. Do I need to enable something in setting to achieve my goal? I have full access to internet as well, I can download the cover and all but title updates simply wont work. 

As we speak, I am still working on it, I am gonna try to upload title updates manually and see what happens but, even if that works, I would love to do it as I was doing before and simply update my games with few button presses.

Any tip or clue you can give would be great, thank you. And happy gaming.

PS: I am sorry, that I am kinda stealing in to this mates topic, but it just that where his problem ends mine begins. Still, I would gladly open a new subject, if I am obliged to...