RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
dXcheeze

max path limit in aurora? also 4096?

Hey there, kinda new to the party but already made a deep dive in modding my 360!

Regarding large librarys and the 4096 file limitation especially regarding cover art etc. I stumbled upon this topic here GameData Limit 4096 . Well I read a lot the last few weeks.
And it just made me think how to achieve this for XBLA and XBLIG.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, djohng said:

Quick update - I am following the initial idea with creating instances of Aurora for each main category.  MAIN MENU - then OG XBOX, Xbox 360 Games, XBILG, XBLA, Prototypes, OXM Magazines Disks, Demos Homebrew, Emulators etc.   

It's working GREAT, and really quick on loading. For each Aurora "Submenu" I am changing the asset files, boot screen and background graphics so it doesn't "look" like Aurora.  Fairly easy, just taking time to find good graphics. 

When I put all the content in one instance of aurora, the coverart data folder would limit at 4096 due to the folder limitations and initial boot took a long time!  This method/idea fixes those issues.  Eventually I'll post pics, instructions and the files so others can benefit.

Did I understand this correct?

I could just move the XBLA "core files", only /titleID/000D0000/, to any place on the HDD/USB to seperate them, but not their respective dlcs or title updates. they need to stay in the main HDDs content folder.
I read multiple times, that seperating the XBILG folder wouldn't be possible while scanning, but thinking about there only being about ~700 arcade games...
Could you add like a 1000 paths to the "Manage paths" list?

Thanks for your help already!

On 3/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, dXcheeze said:

I could just move the XBLA "core files", only /titleID/000D0000/, to any place on the HDD/USB to seperate them, but not their respective dlcs or title updates. they need to stay in the main HDDs content folder.
I read multiple times, that separating the XBILG folder wouldn't be possible while scanning, but thinking about there only being about ~700 arcade games...
Could you add like a 1000 paths to the "Manage paths" list?

I have XBILG, XBLA, OGXBOX, Prototypes, Xbox 360 games, Emulators, Magazines, Demo Disks, Modded, Homebrew, Applications  - in separate folders each.  The only items I have in "Content/0000.../titleid" folder are DLCs and Title Updates, even Avatars content have there own folder.  XBLA Game folder is (XBLA/Name of Game/titleid/000D...)

My system has an internal 16TB drive; leveraging the SATA port and DVD power plug (since you need 12v DC).  Custom Fakeanim Boot, Main Menu and then Submenus for each category.  Otherwise, Aurora will not download art beyond 4096 items.  No category has more than that.   XBILG folder has 3551 games so far that the largest submenu.

Also beyond the 4096 issue with everything under one Aurora Menu - it takes forever to boot.image.thumb.png.739196ec78d379c14e1c61bcc6102bbf.png