RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
BigTroubleTx

want to make my own skin

i been away for a long time most links are dead im trying to make my own themes does any one have the files and software please and thank you 

Here's what you will need to make themes for Aurora.

- XZP Tool ( To extract the files from the theme packages & eventually compile them back into it. )
- Microsoft Xbox 360 SDK ( Contains the Xbox Neighborhood & XuiTool, where you'll spend the majority of your time putting it all together. Because it's an official microsoft tool I don't believe posting a DL link of it is allowed, but you should be able to find it. )
- AuroraElements ( Extension for XuiTool you add to read files made for Aurora. Without it, you'll be thrown with errors. Extract the rar, in XuiTools go to Tools -> Options... -> General Then Under XML Extensions press Change..., then Add... and browse for the extracted xml file. Hit Ok three times and restart XuiTools. You should no longer get any errors when opening the files. ) 

- Aurora 0.7b.2 Release Package ( Latest version as of this time of writing. Beyond having the contents of Aurora, it has the default XZP skin file you can use to start your theme from scratch. You can also use other XZP files that have been made & uploaded in the past for reference as long as they still work for the latest version of Aurora. Skins made for versions v0.7b & v0.7b.1 are compatible but earlier builds might not. )

If you want to get fancy with your themes, I recommend Audacity for music & sounds and then for making an animated background, use kdenlive to modify the video file, FFMPEG to extract the frames of the video (One of my posts in the OG Xbox skin has a command you can copy & paste to your terminal where you can adjust the value of your framerate to your liking), & Bulk Rename Utilty to rename the extracted frames (Again, one of my posts in the OG Xbox skin details how it works.)

You'll also need to have an image-editing tool to modify your skin's texture files. Many of them exist, but I like using Paint.NET.

That should be just about enough to get you started & making some skins for Aurora besides consulting some tutorials posted here.