RealModScene
johno78

RGH Questions

Hi to everyone great forum

Just had my 360 mod with rgh and usb flash with xex menu

Do these need updating or will erase all???

Do i need any other software or dashboards like freestyle 3 dash or simular?

I want to put a larger internal hdd do i still need to use hdd hacker and flash drive

Using the ext hdd it has to be fat32 and can it run from the image file or need to use 360 iso extract to get the xex launch file??

On the hdd you create a games folder or gamez ?? or just the converted file from extract

On a 7.2 gig game when you convert and extract it goes to roughly 4.5 gig is this correct

Do i need the dvd file that comes with the image file

will god files work on rgh not jtaged

Many thanks for all help given

john

So... many.... questions!  Do not update your official microsoft kernel until you've read and understood the proper way to do so.  There are a lot of great tutorials in the tutorial section of this site that can explain how to do so correctly.  I wrote one that may be good for you, it explains a lot about how your rgh works and why it is important to keep it up to date.  However, it is a little old, I recommended using Jrunner to update with, however, I think the easiest program to use now is a program called autogg.  So once you've had a read through of at least the beginning of my tutorial to gain some understanding about your system, feel free to then begin using autogg instead.Use Freestyle dash 3.  Compared to Freestyle Dash 3 Xexmenu looks and behaves like a dinosaur.  It used to be that always having xexmenu on your rgh was practically a necessity, however, I no longer even include xexmenu as part of the programming on a customers rgh or jtag because it allows them to much access to important system files that could brick their system if they weren't careful.Your Rgh should be able to read any size hard drive, and I believe you can simply format it to ntsc and drop it in and it should work just fine.  That way you could use any size drive in the internal bay that you wanted to.  Keep in mind that if you have a dual booting box, an ntsc drive would not work on Xbox Live, but if you don't have a dual booting box then no worries.The external drive does have to be fat32 or it won't read, however, you can use iso files or extracted files, either should work just fine.You can name your games folder anything you want under Freestyle dash 3, just be sure to tell the dashboard where to look for your games in your settings section of freestyle dash 3.Most DVD's are 7.2 gigs or 3.5?  the exact number escapes me, any disk you come across is going to be one of these two numbers because that is the size of a single layer and a dual layer disk.  Every disk that is created for the xbox is going to be one of these two sizes regardless of the size of the actual game because the entire disk is filled out with dummy information on what would have been the blank portions of the disk.  That is why your 4.5 gig game was on a 7.2 gig disk, 4.5 needs two layers to fit all that info on because it won't fit on a 3.5.I'm not sure what your referring to when you say dvd file, but my gut says no, the image file should be all you need.  Also, jtags work exactly like rgh's on the software side of things, so yes, GOD files will work exactly the same way on both.Also, Freestyle Dash 3 has a DVD ripping utility that can read your discs and extract the data onto your rgh for you.