RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
hihi

FSD 3 Update

Hi everyone,

I have FSD 3 installer in the internal memory unit (4GB) and have FSD itself installed in the external HDD.

I want to update the installer in the memory unit and also the installed FSD.

1. Download F3Installer.7z, extract and replace repestive files in the memory unit (installer in MU updated)

2. Boot to NXE, launch the installer and install to external HDD (FSD in external HDD updated)

It is that simple?

What the difference between Freestyle3Rev58.TeamFSD.7z and F3Installer.7z?

I also noticed that the TitleUpdate (which I initially put in memory unit) also showed up in the external HDD FSD folder. Does that mean it is safe to delete the one in the memory unit?

Also, let's say there is new dashboard released, I just use the XeBuild to make the update file and flash it right? It won't bother the FSD and dashlaunch (provided it supports the newer dashboard).

It may not be revelant to this topic, does updating dashboard (kernal) different than updating avatar items?

Yes I am new and I am kinda lost :)

Thank you.

the next dashborad update wont affect FSD, but it will or may affect dashlaunch. So when the next kernal comes out, wait for dashlaunch to be configured with it, otherwise you wont be booting to fsd. You'll have to manually load it via xexmenu, etc..

• Like 1

Why update kernel :D ? Im still at 16197 , not far from newest , but im too scared ot update , and so far , ALL games i tryed worked :)

As long as the game is working, I won't be updating it too.

I am trying to update the FSD installer in the memory unit and the installed FSD in the HDD.

I think the steps I listed in the first post is correct, it's just I am afraid of messing things up lol. So I am trying to get confirmation :)