RealModScene
blighty

Network settings are not working

I'm not having any luck what so ever playing on link using a wireless connection.

First  few months i was trying to use the wireless connection on my PC set up to use Internet Connection Sharing but could never ever get this to work or find anyone else that could help.

so i went out and bought a wireless adapter for my xbox 360, set the xbox to a really high static IP so i could forward the ports to it hoping that no one elses laptop or whatever would nick the IP when my xbox was off, Forwarded the ports to this I.P. in the vigin super hub advanced settings yet when i test the link connection it still says the the ports failed.

I use virgin media & i know that link works fine where i am as long as i go down stairs and plug straight into the modem / router with a wire. but i can only play on the telly down there every other day and only during the day.

Anyone have any ideas? I love this Jtag and if i don't get this working soon i know i will lose it and smash it to bits as i have been desperate to get this working for over 6 months now :(

Virgin Media's Super Hub Sucks - I had nothing but problems with it

How did I resolve: In the superhub settings, enable "Modem Mode" (This disables the modems router/wireless crap) and plug it into a different wireless router (Netgear WNR300 is what I use), in the Netgear router, assign your xbox the IP, open the ports for that IP, no issues since then.

I'm also getting 60mb from virgin for £19.50/mth - if your paying more msg me I give you a few tips (I have the modem only, no tv/phone)  :thumbup:

unfortunately for me i live in a shared house and the virgin comes as part of the deal so i cant put it into modem mode and being completely skint near enough

all the time means i cant afford to buy a router either ( took me 3 months to save for a second hand xbox wireless adapter.

I may well have to try and run a cable down somehow.

I Understand, Virgin Have a newer superhub (came out in May 9th) you could try asking for it, see if it resolves it. I just know from experience that the SH is pretty damm usless.

You can get a good 20m ethernet cable off fleeybay for £6ish. 10m for £3ish - should resolve. Sell the wireless adapter and get money back :)

A newer super hub? Thats got to be worth a try, might get the arc welder out on this one then so we can call virgin up with a problem ;)

A newer super hub? Thats got to be worth a try, might get the arc welder out on this one then so we can call virgin up with a problem ;)

And risk a £500,000 fine for tampering with their equipment - you go for it.

Be worth a try, super Hubs by Virgin Media have always had trouble with wireless.

You could also assign the xbox an ip in the superhub instead of using a high ip number, also set the ip in the DMZ zone so that it won't be affect by the routers firewall.

Have the firewall turned off & have tried setting xbox as dmz,

as for tampering how would anybody know why the internals where fried??? could have been a lightning bolt ;)

Have the firewall turned off & have tried setting xbox as dmz,

as for tampering how would anybody know why the internals where fried??? could have been a lightning bolt ;)

or you could just be honest for once in your life. The wireless on the superhubs are crap, they're forever cutting out requiring a system reboot of the modem, they have a new modem out, i havn't tried it, i dont know anyone with it.. give it a try or just copy my setup (Modem mode + my own wireless router)

You have a legitimate reason to Switch to it. If you want to twist the story, tell them you have no other wireless devices.

• Like 1

or you could just be honest for once in your life. The wireless on the superhubs are crap, they're forever cutting out requiring a system reboot of the modem, they have a new modem out, i havn't tried it, i dont know anyone with it.. give it a try or just copy my setup (Modem mode + my own wireless router)

You have a legitimate reason to Switch to it. If you want to twist the story, tell them you have no other wireless devices.

Well having been with Virgin since the cable and wireless days I know being honest with them gets you nowhere & i kinda resent the whole be honest for once in my life! thanks for the help but there really is no need to insult me Dave :)

Well having been with Virgin since the cable and wireless days I know being honest with them gets you nowhere & i kinda resent the whole be honest for once in my life! thanks for the help but there really is no need to insult me Dave :)

Me too. Every year I phone them when my 12 months is up and say i'm considering leaving, they offer me a year long discount for what ever broadband package im on. Im getting 60mb for £19.50 and its worth £28.50. + after the 12 months it stays at that price, unless i call threating to leave and get an even greater discount :)

Glad you got it sorted.

Maybe we'll see each other on link ;-)