RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
coreylad

sky broadband udp port blocking considering bt

hello i am a sky user and having many problems with link as are many others not because link does not work but because of port forwarding and alikeso i contacted sky after making my xbox the dmz server etc forwarding the ports on the firewall blahh blah all the tricks in the book even got a new router from sky to then be told sky block UDP ports server side so you cannot forward UDP ports :/ has anyone managed to actually successfully set up link using sky broadband or does anyone know if BT infinity has issues with link because im willing to change to them for the speed and if it works with link to be honest is a deal make/breakerid appreciate any replies from uk users who are using link what isp's you use etc il change to anything barring talk-talk and EE(orange) as there horrific providers 

hi im on sky fibre pro i get better speeds than infinity all i done was turn on UPnP on oh you have to set up a fixed ip address on the xbox thru nxe dash and forwarded my the two ports used for link to the xboxs ip address only not for the pc

and if you need any help on actually forwarding the ports or anything on sky try looking on skyuser its a forum some good stuff on their

hope it helps

this is interesting to me as my sky hub SR101 will not show in link as a supported upnp router and it will be the same as your device overall as fibre and if you get upnp device found then maybe its an area thing or i installed FSD wrong or misconfigured link