RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Kerr_Avon

How to backup (and restore) my RGH XBox 360's hard drive?

I have an RGH modded XBox 360, running Aurora, and I've now put all of my games on it, and everything works properly. So I want to create a backup of the 360's hard drive, in case the present hard drive either dies, or somehow becomes corrupted.

My 360 has a 2 TB hard drive, with around 200 GB free. If I buy another 2TB hard drive, how can I backup the 360's working files to the new hard drive? Is there a Windows hard drive imaging program (such as Achronis) that, if I remove the hard drive from the 360 and plug into my Windows PC, will allow me to create a 1:1 image from the 360's hard drive, that I can then put that hard drive image back onto the new hard drive, giving me a hard drive that I can then put into my 360 and have the 360 having the same games, menus, etc, and working just the same, as if the old hard drive was in there instead?

Or would I first have to prepare the new hard drive in some way? Does the 360 use a standard, over the counter, SATA hard drive? To use a different hard drive, do you have to alter a hard drive key/serial number (like on the original XBox) or anything, or will any hard drive will?

Is there any advantage to using an SSD in a 360?

Thanks for any answers.