RealModScene
pmingo

Disk Transfer Problem

Hi

I'm trying to transfer original games using the disk transfer tool into the utilities section, but it stops after a few files. Everything starts fine, progress bars and so, but suddenly the progress bar goes to 100% and the progress number freeze in some low position, asking to press B to exit. Of course only the first files have been transfered, and the game doesn't work.

Any idea on what's going wrong?

Thank you very much

Disc is damaged at the end :)

Seeing as you have the orginal, try downloading the ISO and extract it. Just google "XBOX ISO", and its the 2nd link :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the fast reply :) The thing is that I've got many games, and I would like to backup them just in case they broke.

Error pops at the start of the transfer, and I've tryed different games, not only one. Although these games are working nicely from the DVD drive, without any problem.

Another thing I tryed is to get the files from the ftp, accessing the /dvd folder and the files transfered completely, without any error. What I'm not sure is if that way of "ripping" the DVD would be correct to extract a game. I tryed to play these files through F3 and it didn't work.

Thank you for the fast reply :) The thing is that I've got many games, and I would like to backup them just in case they broke.

Error pops at the start of the transfer, and I've tryed different games, not only one. Although these games are working nicely from the DVD drive, without any problem.

Another thing I tryed is to get the files from the ftp, accessing the /dvd folder and the files transfered completely, without any error. What I'm not sure is if that way of "ripping" the DVD would be correct to extract a game. I tryed to play these files through F3 and it didn't work.

Id a game tonight that did that, wouldn't install. I FTP'ed it, converted it to GoD and it was fine. Suppose you could do the same :)

Who cares how it works, as long as it works :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just in case some else come into this. The reason was a problem with the DVD Drive lens. I replaced it and now everything's working fine.

Hmmm, looks like it's happening again :(

This happens to me a lot, just don't let your xbox dim(the screen fades after sometime of no activity) If the screen fades a little, the copying process will ofcourse get an error, and you'll have to exit, just stick something between the analogs, so they stay in a moving position, and then you can leave the copying to itself. It works for me, best of luck! 

That didn't work either.

I think it could be something related to the rgh chip. Original DVD games doesn't work from F3 and they doesn't work from dash either. If I enter into the DVD with the file manager, sometimes the directory is corrupt, with strange symbols instead of file names. Another time if I try to copy a single file from the DVD to the HD it fails, a bit later the same file copy fine.

The DVD drive is behaving in an erratic way.

If you have an ISO why not use XBOX 360 Image Browser, extract the files and upload via FTP?

Don't turn of the tv or monitor while copying. And one more thing, you'll not be able to download tus for the gmes you copied from original disc, through fsd, but you can from internet. And also why waste time in copying when its not even completing the copy? Instead you can just download the games from torrents or direct downloads then use image browser to extract and run via external or internal.

New update: Definitely it was a lens problem. There was a defect with the new lens the used to replace the old one, they changed it again and now everything runs smoothly. Spare parts come from China and quality is a bit poor.

Thanks to everybody that helped with this ;)

New update: Definitely it was a lens problem. There was a defect with the new lens the used to replace the old one, they changed it again and now everything runs smoothly. Spare parts come from China and quality is a bit poor.

Thanks to everybody that helped with this ;)

Glad for you :)