RealModScene
Leogames

Live Question on P2P Games

So I'd like to try multiplayer for Outrun Online Arcade.  Unlike Outrun 2 or Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast, it doesn't have system link so is/was XBLA only.  I've read the following about the game:

"I can't speak for the PS3 release (Wouldn't surprise me if it has gone offline by now), but the Xbox 360 version remains online.

Unlike on the PC/PSP/PS2/PS3, there's nothing here for Sega to turn off. Matchmaking and leaderboard functions are handled by the standard Xbox Live service that has to run anyways to support online multiplayer in general for the platform. And player matches are hosted via P2P, the norm on the Xbox 360 outside of EA published titles (As it was on the original Xbox).

Online support isn't going anywhere until Xbox Live support ends for the platform. Just like Outrun 2 and Coast 2 Coast on the original Xbox that lasted right up until the end."

So my question is, as this is a P2P game should it work okay without risking a ban on XBLA - or do you risk a ban just by virtue of logging onto XBLA at all?  I'm assuming there's no way to manually recreate online multiplayer for it, not least as no multiplayer server was ever needed for this game.