RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
lucasbuck

Another case of multiple title entires

Sorry that most of this is probably very newbish, but I didn't setup my console, I bought it setup. BUT, in my defense, I've been reading and trying to learn so I can fix my own problems. I've read many posts of folks having the same issues, but nothing seems to work so thought I would throw it out there. I'm having some titles show up once, some double, and some even 4 times. I've also noticed while trying to fix things (if it makes a difference) is that many times deleting the scan folders doesn't catch. They disappear, but then come back on their own. Even if I delete them through the WebUI they sometimes reappear after a restart.

One thing I noticed, and don't know if this is normal. It wasn't doing it before I don't think. When I make a new scan path it adds both SySEXT and OnBoardMU versions. Delete one, and the other goes (usually, sometimes they both come back on their own). I'm just using an internal drive.

I've tried clearing the data through the menu, deleting and re-adding paths, etc. several times, in different order, but no luck.

If nobody had any ideas I was going to try and delete the content.db, but was wondering if 1) I have to use xexmenu to do that (which isn't installed, so I'd have to figure out how to do that) 2) there's two content.db files, one in the 'freestyle' folder and one in the 'fsd' folder. Actually, I was wondering, is there supposed to be two folder?

Now I feel like I'm in over my head, so again, sorry for the dumb questions and I appreciate any help.

Think your best bet would be a clean install. To put xexmenu on, it;s as simple as placing it on a flash drive and moving it over to the consoles hard drive. You could create a quickboot for it, to launch from NXE. (Since I'm recommending you to delete all of your Freestyle Dashs off.) But it'd probably be less of a headache for you, to just burn it to an iso. Or simply change the dashlaunch options to point to it, after you add it to the console. You'll need to be in Xexmenu in order to delete off fsd properly. You can find xexmenu in/on Xbins. If Xbins is an issue for you, google "groundzero xbins download"

Regarding your multiple freestyle and fsd folders, you have more than one version of fsd on the hard drive. Another reason to just delete em all and new install with the newest. :) Looky what I googled... http://spiffy360.com/forum/thread-8.html

You lost/confused me with your gamepaths question. SysExt: and Flash, have no business being involved with gamepaths. Somewhere in FSD settings there is an option to hide em, I recommend you do this. Nothing should be getting placed in this area, therefore no need to scan it. Aside from a custom boot animation, I can't recall a single tutorial that has ever had people playing in there. Playing around in this area, will inevitably result in you or someone else having to recover the console with a backup image.

Thanks for the info. If it makes a difference I noticed that when I delete paths, clear data, and start over I do a new scan and it adds everything once. When the xbox is restarted, that's when I get the duplicates.

To clarify on the gamepath question, I mean when I add a path I point it to the 'game' folder (or content, doesn't matter), and it makes 2 entires. On listing Sysext and one to OnBoardMU.

I'll have to read up some more on doing a fresh install, still afraid I'd screw something up.