RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xboy

Trouble with samba sharing

Hi guys

I'm using win7 home and I'm unable to connect to FSD3 smb. When  i try to, a login prompt appears requiring logon info (user, pass) which idk. Sometimes the user field is filled with "xbox", but when I try and enter "xbox" as a password, it doesn't work. I've turned off password protected sharing in win7 network settings, but it doesn't make difference at all. I've reinstalled  FSD3, still the same. Samba server is enabled in FSD settings. Any ideas? 

1. take a deep breath

2. open google

3. type : how to set samba on jtag

4. the very first link you get should point you where you need to go.

5. good luck 

So, what make you think I didn't go THAT way, allready? Thanks for your useless reply! I hope someone who can really help me, answer my request for help!

P.S. Oh, and by the way - there's no "Local Security Policy" available in Win7 home! Either way,  I've managed to change those settings, still no luck! 

oh crap ! well bloody me sorry for being  "useless"

i wouldnt have posted that guide if i had made samba on wireless slim,  xp windows and windows 7 in diferent ways....

iv readed before about windows home issues.

you need to edit some sort of registrys at this point, gonna send you pm be sure to check it that should fix it.

iam pretty sure i just missed your first line.... 

I'm using win7 home 

iam not asking reward just trying to help.. realy  :unsure:

ps. if you get any success please let us know

No success, so far. I've imported those settings from the link you've sent me, deleted the stored credentials (which I've entered), rebooted, still no go. I wrote in the explorer's address bar xbox360, also tried xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. There's  always request to enter user and pass which I don't know! Is there a user/pass for FSD3 smb? Am I missing something here? I've tried and searched for it, but is seems there isn't such thing ....

probably ^^ try this :

1. go to my computer

2. press mouse 2 on white space and pick "add network places"  

3. once there press next, pick costume network location, then type inside : RGHHDD1         RGH  is the one atleast iv set mine,default is xbox360. and point it to hdd1 rather then earler since you cant make root location or its just me.

4. once you do that it might hang up for sec, then you should get on how you wanna name it, rename how ever you want and save.

5. make sure you set everything corectly and do restart each try. this should work as its last step i know lol.

6. update this thread once you make progress