RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
paulosergio96

After updating from fsd 2 to 3, it won't start automatically anymore

I'm currently using Xexmenu to go into the hdd and starting it manually but the old one just started automatically.

Is this because of dash launch? Because i think i got some sort of error when installing it but i honestly am not even sure what it is it's supposed to do in the first place.

You should set the default path to match the default.xex's location of FSD in Dashlaunch.

1. pick usb key and format it to fat as usual.

2. add folder of fsd 2/3 with whole files

3. outside folder in root create launch.ini

4. something like this should look in launch ini 

[QuickLaunchButtons]
Default = usb:Freestyle 3default.xex
[settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true

5. double check
6. insert usb to xbox and restart it.
7. once you launch to fsd : either from fsd file manager, samba or ftp edit your launch.ini and set it correctly
 look for something like this in launch.ini :

; Default is what loads when you hold no buttons
; leave this blank if you want NXE as default
Default = Hdd:DATAFreestyle 3default.xex    <-- this hows mine is set.

if as u mentioned something about dashlaunch well remake launch ini lol

8. simple as that copy new folder of fsd(with instalation files) to any location, if you wish delete old folder edit launch ini. 
9. restart xbox :) but make sure you double check.

10. good luck

ps. you can go to dash launch and edit your default.xex location manualy just by pointing where it is. incase you will have problems starting from usb.

• Like 1

You should set the default path to match the default.xex's location of FSD in Dashlaunch.

And how do i do that? I've installed dashlauch and have fsd in my usb currently.

Edit: Should i leave it in the usb or would it be better to move it either to flash or the hdd?

You should set the default path to match the default.xex's location of FSD in Dashlaunch.And how do i do that? I've installed dashlauch and have fsd in my usb currently

I'm sorry I haven't seen your post before :)You need to open Dashlaunch, then select the "Paths" tab, after that you should see a "Default" option, select it by pressing A and point it to the default.xex of FSD. It should be located in the folder of FSD. Just be sure to point it to the new version of FSD. After that just press B, that should restart Dashlaunch and boot straight into FSD.