RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
eyelasers

Is it possible to opt out of or turn off full box art?

In some cases I am being forced to use European language box art that I don't like very much because a North American cover has not been uploaded to the covers database. When I look in the web UI I can see that the console has downloaded the generic Live game covers already, so I was curious if I could just turn off full box art so it would default to all of those images it has already downloaded. I think flipping the box is neat, but I don't use it enough to make it more valuable than I would find being able to see the default images.

The default xbox art should be what is getting displayed. There is an option, in the default skin settings to enable custom cover downloading. Uncheck it and I'll bet you start downloading the default again. Some of these are as you said, "european". The reason why is simple... People in the western hemisphere are lazy, so lazy we'd rather crack awful momma jokes, do drugs, catch venereal diseases, skip school, etc... than scan our own cover and upload it to the site ourselves. :) Somewhere in the settings menu, there is also an option to change what is displayed between coverflow, to other things like uhhh uhhh uhhh think one's called banners, and like two other options I think. ¿? I like coverflow, the other options also usually load quicker. If you/anyone feels offended after reading this, you can pretend that I'm sorry. Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will never hurt us. If they do, just go kill yourself.

PS- I'm ashamed to be called an American.

Heh, I'm Canadian actually.

Ah, yeah, I tried messing around with the custom cover downloading option. My understanding is that all that does is allow you to install covers to your Xbox remotely from jqe360 by clicking on "install" on a cover you want on the site (which doesn't seem to work, but it's possible I was doing something wrong). I have tried doing a fresh install with that option unchecked and I still seem to be getting European covers. Oh well, it's not a huge deal considering I put zero effort myself into this massive undertaking. I'll fiddle around with it some more.

Also, you can always access your FSD from your comp using WEBUI. Just type in the IP address your router assigns to your XBOX (visible on the bottom left hand side of FSD by clicking RS), enter the default password (get it from the release notes for your corresponding FSD version), navigate to your chosen game with the unwanted box art, download your desired cover from the net after doing a google search, browse to this file in the drop down dialog box under the unwanted full cover art, and click update at the bottom. Simple!