RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ravihpa

Carrying over TUs from FSD 2.2 to F3 ?

Hi guys,

I made a search before posting this query but couldn't get a definite answer.

I am currently on FSD 2.2 and I have approximately 800 mbs of Title Updates already installed.  Now, I am trying to do a clean install of F3 by removing FSD 2.2 and installing F3.  My query is, is it possible for me to carry over TUs from FSD 2.2 to F3 so that I don't have to download the TUs all over again ?

Will the copied over TUs be recognized by F3 ? Will they work ?

If yes, then how do I go about doing that ?

Thanx a lot in advance for any info :)

800mb of TU's......God Damn that's a lot of TU's!

Drop them in the Cache folder and F3 should pick them up and sort them for you.

Why would you want to delete FSD2.2 in the first place? Just install F3 in a new directory.
Move or copy then the Title Updates from FSD2DataTitleUpdates{DeviceID} to F3DataTitleUpdates{DeviceID} if you want F3 to handle them.

Or just migrate FSD2.2 to F3 there you have the option about TitleUpdates as well.

800mb of TU's......God Damn that's a lot of TU's!

Drop them in the Cache folder and F3 should pick them up and sort them for you.

Haha..yeah :D Even I was shocked to see the size but I've been using FSD for a very long time now and have played a lot of games :)

Why would you want to delete FSD2.2 in the first place? Just install F3 in a new directory.

Move or copy then the Title Updates from FSD2DataTitleUpdates{DeviceID} to F3DataTitleUpdates{DeviceID} if you want F3 to handle them.

Or just migrate FSD2.2 to F3 there you have the option about TitleUpdates as well.

To tell you the truth, I never intended to update from FSD 2.2 as it was working FANTASTIC!!! but recently upgraded from a 500 Gb Seagate GoFlex to a 1TB 3.0 USB Seagate Backup Plus.  Originally, I had a 200 GB partition (Fat 32 with FSD 2.2) but now I created a 500 Gb FAT32 partition on my new 1TB HDD and after copy pasting the whole thing, the FSD 2.2 boots up but does not show my games on HDD.  When I went to "Manage Paths" option, I found all my external HDD paths had disappeared.  So now I manually created the paths but still even after scanning the HDD, those games refuse to appear.  I even increased the "Scan Depth" from 4 to 8 and then also even after initiating the manual scan, the games on HDD just aren't appearing in the Xbox 360 Games tab :(

Hence, I thought it was time for me to upgrade to F3 and do a clean install and hence the query :)

Edit: Thanx for the link.  I'll check it out.  I still have my FSD 2.2 dump on my internal HDD, which I took during transfer.  Will try to migrate from that folder to the new F3 :)

but recently upgraded from a 500 Gb Seagate GoFlex to a 1TB 3.0 USB Seagate Backup Plus.  ... FSD 2.2 boots up but does not show my games on HDD. ...Hence, I thought it was time for me to upgrade to F3 and do a clean

I still have my FSD 2.2 dump on my internal HDD, which I took during transfer.  Will try to migrate from that folder to the new F3 :)

That ain't gonna work either. ScanPaths are bound to DeviceIds. New HDD = new DeviceId. You could fix your FSD 2.2 database with a bit of sqlite knowledge though. But your dump should be good enough to migrate, but consider:

If you migrate, you'll end up copying your "old" scanpaths as well, as they are used in the ContentItems table which will be migrated during the process. If your new HDD is set up as your old one you are lucky! I recently released a simple app to import scanpaths -> LINK. Although it was not meant for this type of situation it matches your needs nicely.

After migration boot up F3. It will not find any games but the database and all the images etc. should be there. Connect your HDD to your PC and run F3 scanpaths importer (source = new F3 install). You'll see all your "old" scanpaths. Select the same F3 database again as destination and select the correct Device. That will change the DeviceId according to your new HDD. Hit on update. I think you'll end up with correct scanpaths/database/images this way.

• Like 1

Hi,

I just went ahead and backed up the TitleUpdates folder and deleted everything.  Installed the latest F3, copied over the TitleUpdates folder into the Data folder, and started F3.  Created brand new scan paths and everything is now set up perfectly :D

It only had to redownload the covers and sshots and it loaded up the old TUs perfectly :D

Thanx a lot for all the help guys.  Really appreciate the effort :)

Now I wanna check out some awesome F3 skins :D  Do you guys have any recommendations ? :)