RealModScene
spider2MW

Aurora Unhandled Exception at boot - AuroraCrashPatcher won't work

Hallo everyone,

yesterday I've tried to scan for new TUs, but after the required restart every time the well known "Unhandled Exception" appears. Scanning for assets as is the most cases of this error was no problem. I've tried everything I found about it here:

- installed the latest AuroraCrashPatcher, set it as first plugin to load with dashlaunch (I can still open dashlauch while going to the normal 360 dash after the error, open FSD3 and dashlauch with data manager from there)

- enabled / disabled both liveblock and livestrong

So I think the only thing is needed to tell Aurora not to scan for new TUs and boot up normally. Everything was fine including the search for assets, so the only thing is needed to stop this damn scan. Afterwards I even did not need the plugin I think. But I absolutely do not have any idea what to do. This is my second 360 and hopefully not the second one with a very rare issue after my first one had something like this with rare used ram and a crashed nand after some updates...thanks!

Edit: Console from EU, I am from Germany, so no US console (not sure whether this still matters)

spider2MW 

Aurora crash patcher never worked for me. It only worked for certain regions apparently. This was when aurora v0.7b.1 was having issues grabbing covers from xbox..com etc. Aurora would crash etc. It's because there was changes done by Microsoft on xbox..com. but the devs here have graced us with the Aurora 0.7b.2 hotfix which fixs this issue. 

I would suggest to use Aurora v0.7b.2 version instead of FSD. FSD is outdated. Not being updated no more

Or use Aurora to get all your synopsis, covers, backgrounds, banners, icons etc. Then transfer all your database files from Aurora to FSD. Only way I can think of. 

I know that there were some issues with the old Aurora and different regions in the past. Afaik most problems were with the assets, I never read anything about my problem with the issue while booting within the search for new TU's.

And FSD was only used to open Dashlauch in this case to set the plugin, for sure I wanna use Aurora. But for now there is no option for me to boot it up cause every time it searched for TUs and run into the issue. Only covers without videos and screenshots and active liveblock and livestrong is fine for me.

So anyone here who can help me? Or is it just broken and I have to reset everything?

22 hours ago, spider2MW said:

I know that there were some issues with the old Aurora and different regions in the past. Afaik most problems were with the assets, I never read anything about my problem with the issue while booting within the search for new TU's.

And FSD was only used to open Dashlauch in this case to set the plugin, for sure I wanna use Aurora. But for now there is no option for me to boot it up cause every time it searched for TUs and run into the issue. Only covers without videos and screenshots and active liveblock and livestrong is fine for me.

So anyone here who can help me? Or is it just broken and I have to reset everything?

Livestrong needs to be disabled via dashlaunch. To grab the synopsis, backgrounds, banners, icons, screenshots, videos from. Xbox..com if there available. You will need the optional media & avatar update for the video trailers to work!!!

Only covers, custom covers & title updates come from unity. If your covers are on unity & not pulling via Aurora. You will need to use Aurora asset editor to grab those covers & push them over manually via ftp.

I don't know what your issues is to be honest. But I can pull majority of everything I need from unity & xbox..com via Aurora etc. My game trailers play. Title updates all showing & working with Aurora v0.7b.2 

I would suggest to try a clean version of Aurora without running fsd at all. Start over. As it sounds like something Is clashing with Aurora. But I dont know how your 360 is setup. So I'm guessing.

Oh enable liveblock you only need to disable that if your running on a stealth server. Or insta ban your console will get

My problem is that I can‘t boot to aurora cause it scans for title updates at every boot and run into the error and I have no idea how to stop it. It is a fresh aurora and everything is fine but my mistake was to let aurora scan for new tu and that required a reboot. 
So there is no problem with covers or meta data or anything else. And I don‘t wanna use fsd. I just need a fix to stop the search for tu at every boot, otherwise I can‘t use aurora anymore.

1 hour ago, spider2MW said:

My problem is that I can‘t boot to aurora cause it scans for title updates at every boot and run into the error and I have no idea how to stop it. It is a fresh aurora and everything is fine but my mistake was to let aurora scan for new tu and that required a reboot. 
So there is no problem with covers or meta data or anything else. And I don‘t wanna use fsd. I just need a fix to stop the search for tu at every boot, otherwise I can‘t use aurora anymore.

Turn your scan settings off in aurora settings where you add pathways to your files etc. As I always switch scanning off once I know I have everything I need scanned in.

Plus there is a data base cleaner in the scripts run that also. Maybe that will help clean things up it will only delete your double files nothing else. If there is anything to clean that is

1 hour ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

Turn your scan settings off in aurora settings where you add pathways to your files etc. As I always switch scanning off once I know I have everything I need scanned in.

Plus there is a data base cleaner in the scripts run that also. Maybe thar will help clean things up it will only delete your double files nothing else. If there is anything to clean that is

Especially when you have 1000s of titles like I have. The scanning on aurora boot is ridiculous when you have alot of titles, homebrew, synopsis, title updates, dlc etc. Im definitely going to an ssd soon. As afew people have proven that an ssd on a jtag/rgh running aurora & comparing to a normal hdd. The speed on an ssd is alot faster. I didn't think a ssd will improve it because of the 360 is so old. But it has been proven to work, you can notice the difference when switching quickviews all your assets load up quick on an ssd. When you run tons of titles

Delete data from Aurora/Data/Database is the solution, the only thing to is to add scan paths and other settings in Aurora again 🙂 

On 7/11/2022 at 6:51 PM, spider2MW said:

Delete data from Aurora/Data/Database is the solution, the only thing to is to add scan paths and other settings in Aurora again 🙂 

I thought you already wiped everything of Aurora & you still had issues. When I was Stating to install clean files of Aurora. I'm meaning wipe everything & start fresh. Not install clean Aurora files over your old existing Aurora files lol. But it's cool you fixed your issue