RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Warlock2020

Strange Behavior with 2 external HDD connected?

Firstly, I just wanted to check if there was a limit to the number of paths you can add within Aurora?

I have a rather strange thing happening and wondered if anyone has come across this before. I have two 2tb drives in hard drive enclosures both with Xbox 360 content on them. They are both plugged into the rear usb slots. Before I added the paths to Aurora I turned on one drive at a time and one registered as usb1 and one as usb0. I then proceeded to add the paths within Aurora and download assets. Reviewing the paths after this clearly shows that usb0 and usb1 have separate folders and paths for it corresponding content. I go ahead and run something from usb1 and it loads with no issues. When I exit the game and go back to Aurora  everything seems fine, but I discovered that the path I set for the usb1 drive has changed for some reason to usb0. So Aurora is under the impression that all the content there on usb0 and so when I run a game that I know is on usb1 Aurora gives me an error. 
Going into the content menu, I see there is an ability to change the set path but it won’t allow me to do it. So you delete the path and add it again and everything is Ok until you reboot the dash and it does the same again.This is rather strange that the set paths change and this has happened twice now and even after a fresh install of Aurora.

I’ve yet to try anything else but I wondered if anyone has encountered this. I did have a setup running 2 external drives back in the FSD3 days, but I’m now running Aurora.

Any help would be most appreciated

On 12/1/2020 at 8:24 PM, Warlock2020 said:

Firstly, I just wanted to check if there was a limit to the number of paths you can add within Aurora?

I have a rather strange thing happening and wondered if anyone has come across this before. I have two 2tb drives in hard drive enclosures both with Xbox 360 content on them. They are both plugged into the rear usb slots. Before I added the paths to Aurora I turned on one drive at a time and one registered as usb1 and one as usb0. I then proceeded to add the paths within Aurora and download assets. Reviewing the paths after this clearly shows that usb0 and usb1 have separate folders and paths for it corresponding content. I go ahead and run something from usb1 and it loads with no issues. When I exit the game and go back to Aurora  everything seems fine, but I discovered that the path I set for the usb1 drive has changed for some reason to usb0. So Aurora is under the impression that all the content there on usb0 and so when I run a game that I know is on usb1 Aurora gives me an error. 
Going into the content menu, I see there is an ability to change the set path but it won’t allow me to do it. So you delete the path and add it again and everything is Ok until you reboot the dash and it does the same again.This is rather strange that the set paths change and this has happened twice now and even after a fresh install of Aurora.

I’ve yet to try anything else but I wondered if anyone has encountered this. I did have a setup running 2 external drives back in the FSD3 days, but I’m now running Aurora.

Any help would be most appreciated

if they are the same enclosures, they could be registering as the same. the uuid of the hdds are identical and that could be what the problem is