RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
drekkie

Games aren't booting from nas server

Hi,

I have a RGH console that is running fine. It boots from an external HHD with FSD 3.0 and dashlaunch 3.05 installed. It plays all the games correctly from this HHD.

But I like to have all my games on my nas server windows Server 2008R2.

I can play XBLA games from my nas server with the xconnect plugin on fsd but the other ''normal' 7 gig games aren't booting. Sometimes it shows the logo of the games and the nothing happens. At other games I get for instance fatal crash interception.

My internal firewall is off .

What do I do wrong?

Hello Drekkie,

Does the XBOX have an internal HDD?  You mentioned freestyle and games work from the external, i'm wondering if the plugin tries to use the internal HDD to store data while it's loading?

Just a thought,

EluZioN

Hello Drekkie,

Does the XBOX have an internal HDD?  You mentioned freestyle and games work from the external, i'm wondering if the plugin tries to use the internal HDD to store data while it's loading?

Just a thought,

EluZioN

Hi, It is an xbox 306 phat model with a 120 GIG HDD clicked on but it's booting from another HDD on a usb port. If the plugin tries to to use one of these HDD then it must be no problem isn't it? Do I need to change any settings?

ConnectX on last rev. of Freestyle Dash work very unstable..Disconnecting, small speed..I advise to play with standard HDD and not bother about ConnectX plugin...

Personally, I did just that :sweat:

I like to have more storage for games and also have a backup of my games. So i diceded to use my NAS. I am wondering why the XBLA games are running fine this way, but the other games not  :unsure: