RealModScene
supra

F3 covers slow to load

Hi all,

Just completed my first RGH and installed F3 on it. Had quite a few questions that have all but one been answered by tinkering about, trial and error and checking this forum out.

There's just a couple of things still eluding me...

#1 Title Updates. Sometimes they just refuse to download for me (I have checked to see if particular ones exist at jqe360). Usually the only way I can reliably download them is just after a reboot. It's like the connection for TUs times out. Other HTTP content seems to transfer fine at all times. I doubt this has any bearing but I'm not registered at jqe360

#2 Covers. Just a bit of a niggle this one. Is there any way to cache the covers or speed up the rate at which they are loaded when you open a library for the first time? I've got about 30 games installed on my internal HD and a lot of the covers are blank for several seconds before they are displayed in coverflow.

Not sure if this is a problem for everyone or just because of the way my games are stored. (each one is 4 levels deep in its own folder).

Any help greatly appreciated.

It takes a second or 2 for F3 to load the art, that's just the way it is. Trust me it is a great improvement over the FSD 2.2 load times. as for your TU issue, I'm not sure what could be causing that.

Thanks JP, I'll keep investigating the TU issue. I thought that was going to be the case with the covers, just wanted to be sure before I slimmed down my folder tree in my games dir (because there's no way it was going to be caused by that.)

F3 cover loading is a lot slower than that of FSD 2.2, just the way it is

If your F3 is loading art slower then 2.2 did then something is wrong, it should load your art faster, way faster then 2.2

If your F3 is loading art slower then 2.2 did then something is wrong, it should load your art faster, way faster then 2.2

ive done a clean install, and when i click on xbox 360 tab, it takes a while for them all to load. dunno how something could be wrong

If they are taking longer then that to load there is a problem, I have over 200 games and they load very quickly.

I have the covers problem too please help me to solve it.

do a fresh install