RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Haz

Connectx and Windows Server 2008

I'm new to FSD, and I must say I love it! Great work, guys!

One thing that would make my life a bit easier is i I could get ConnectX working as well. My Xbox is a Falcon (JTAGd) with FSD 3. Ihave placed the patched Connectx.xex in the plugin-directory. In my home network, I have a Windows Server 2008 acting as DC in an "unofficial" domain (let's call it MYDOM) The server is also a DNS server, and both "MYSERVER" and "MYSERVER.MYDOM" points to the server. In the server's AD, the user "Xboxuser" is defined (with password). The server has a share, called "Xbox360", which is accessible for user "Xboxuser". If I connect a PC that isn't a member of the domain and try to access \\MYSERVER.MYDOM\XBOX360\ or \\MYSERVER\XBOX360 it works just fine, but I cant get it to work from the Xbox360. I've tried these combinations:

Remote computer: MYSERVER and MYSERVER.MYDOM (I also tried entering the IP, but that didn't work either)

User: Xboxuser, XBOXUSER and MYDOM\XBOXUSER

Any help is appriciated!

• Like 1

I have the same situation with Windows 2008 R2 / Domain server and have try to connect with ConnectX to a shared folder but without any luck.

There is no option to specify the Domain name...

Need help, thanks

• Like 1

any idea why connectx cant see server 2008 shares?

i have a server 2008 and server 2003 running on the same LAN as two different file servers. neither operate as a DC. my 360 can see and access games stored on the server 2003 box but not on the server 2008 box. the same share credentials are used on both servers etc.

• Like 1

New to the scene and my first post. I hope this helps you

After many many hours of trying to work out why my silly domain and windows 2008 r2 DC would not allow conx connectivity. I found this, followed it an volia it worked!!!

http://support.exinda.com/topic/how-to-disable-smb-signing-on-windows-servers-to-improve-smb-performance

P.S Make sure your server name does not have any - in it i.e. my-server.mydom

Good luck, I hope this works.

• Like 2

Thanks Soapandwater in my case your solution resolve my problem on Windows Server 2012 DC. So, I don't need anymore an additional windows 7 guest machine on Hyper-v for ConnectX.

Thanks

yes thanks for posting. i havent tried it as my servers are not DCs so not sure if relevant.

if anyone can confirm it works on non DC server 2008 then please let me know.