RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
x0adam0x

Problems with FSD3

So I am a complete noob to the 360 modding scene.

Anywho I bought an RGH FSD3 slim off a guy and am completely confused to what is happening with it right now.

I've been able to transfer files via FTP onto the HDD, I go into game library and nothing shows up.

So I go into game paths and all I see is Xbox 360 & XBLA, 2 defaults paths.

So I figure okay w/e I'll just create a new one and set its depth to 10.

Worked great, except that it found games in xbox live arcade library instead of the normal xbox games library.

So I figured I would just need to do a little fiddling, delete that path and rename the other ones. Just getting a feel for it.

I went to go delete the path I had created, which was to hdd1:/content/ and it got stuck on "deleting game data please wait while the operation completes" So now I can't even delete the path that I created earlier.

I also find that if I shut off the system from the controller sometimes when I try to turn it back on with the controller nothing happens, no video or anything.

I also tried opening up XeXmenu 1.1 and it seems like it's not really loading. It just sits at the menu screen for it.

I also see in games F3installer, I take it that is Freestyle 3? Maybe reinstalling it would fix it.

Would this be safe to do or are there more steps involved when re-installing it.

I've tried messaging the guy and he's not responding, I consider decent with tech so if pointed in the right direction I know I could get this sorted.

TL;DR

Xbox 360 Slim 250gb

Dash Version: 30 rev58

Kernal Version 2.0.15574.0

I can't delete game paths

I can only see games in Xbox Live Library

Sometimes 360 doesn't get video or audio when turning on (This normal?)

Oh and the drive is not flashed, though I'm sure he should have done that. If it is flashed I don't need to transfer files via FTP to play backups correct? I can just use DVD Extract? Does Freestyle Dash play backups like that or no?

Thanks so much for reading this wall of text, appreciate it.

I went to go delete the path I had created, which was to hdd1:/content/ and it got stuck on "deleting game data please wait while the operation completes"

You just told it to delete all your 360 content, I suggest you take a look at the tutorials section and try to get a feel for how a 360 works before attempting to play around anymore as you might cause some real damage (if you haven't already)

BTW xexmenu isnt loading anymore because you just deleted it

XeX menu wasn't working when I got it in the first place it was one of the first things I checked out.

I thought these were just directories that it looked in to scan for games? Isn't that what game paths mean?

Wouldn't I have to go into file manager to delete actual directories?

Doesn't make sense because the games it IS reading are still there, nothing seems to have been deleted.

It only seems to be picking up games when I change the content type it looks for to XBLA, It won't find anything otherwise.

Not sure why.

Edit: Read what I originally wrote, I didn't specify that the game path I was trying to delete was just a path I created in "Manage Game Paths"

lol my bad, I misread your post,

what I would do is create folder on the root of your hdd or external usb hdd and set those as your paths, so

Hdd:XBLA

Hdd:Games

and set those as your game paths for that specific type of game.

only set the scan depth as deep as you need it to be, 2 or 3 should be just fine.

Did that, For some reason it only picks the games when I set the scan type for XBLA. This seems like a minor problem as I can still go to options and move the game to the xbox 360 library but I just want everything going as smooth as possible

My xbox does the same thing when deleting game paths and when installing some GOD formated games.Since xexmenu doesn't work, I would delete it from the hdd and reinstall it personally. That should fix that.

Since your 360 is either an RGH or JTAG you can rip games from the disk. Within Freestyle navigate to DVD Extract, press A, then insert your disk, set destination path then click start or whatever the button is.

Oh btw be sure to make sure that freestyle dash scans the hard drive everytime you install a new game.

I do it manually through the content settings but you can make it do it at start up.