RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
samadk00

External Hard Drive Problem

Hi All,

Initially i was using a 120GB hard drive which was completely full of games that i had ripped off of CDs. Later i decided i needed to upgrade to a bigger 320 GB hard drive. I formatted the new HD to fat 32 connected both hard drives to my laptop and stared the transfer. After copying all the games to the new hard drive some games just dont work they get stuck at the begining or later while playing the game. I dont understand whats causing this can anyone help?

Eeee, anybody? I too have run into this problem too.  First i did a simple copy and paste and most of the games on my new hard drive and tried but most of my games wouldnt load.  Plus i noticed sometimes my 360 hangs forever on the xbox splash screen now with the new HD.  Decided to to use Acronis and did a 1 to 1 mirror image of my old hard drive and I confirmed all files did get transferred to my new larger hard drive. 

But still have the same problem.  My xbox can read the HD through file manager and I have renewd my game path as well but still nothing????????

Reformatted 3 times and made sure its a Fat32.  Anyone else besides me and samadk00 have a solution? Sorry to highjack samadk00 btw.

i transfered 2 tb to 2tb took me 48 hours but i did it all on the xbox in fsd3 file manager seems to do a better job than pc's.