RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
awesomeguy

FSD stopped detecting games on external HDD

So at one point my FSD stopped detecting games in my defined game paths on my external drive. I can run them from File Manager but when I scan for new games, it only scans the internal drive and doesn't even try to access the external drive. I haven't changed any settings from when it used to work. A fresh install did not help, now it doesn't even recognize the games it recognized before. I tried googling and it seems to be a comparatively common problem, yet nothing seems to work. 

Any advice?

have you tried changing the name of the external drive and re-allocating a game path. And does it show as an available drive in FSD (i.e it should show you internal drive space and also the external (usb) drive space as well.

I had same issue , i did my harddrive to a ntfs then back to fat32, reconfig it in xbox , that helped

have you tried changing the name of the external drive and re-allocating a game path. And does it show as an available drive in FSD (i.e it should show you internal drive space and also the external (usb) drive space as well.

Tried it. Does not work. It does show up and I can even play games that are on it.

I had same issue , i did my harddrive to a ntfs then back to fat32, reconfig it in xbox , that helped

Thanks. I will try that then as a last option, but I really wish there's something else I could try first. I would need to find a place to put all the games I have on it now and there's no guarantee it won't happen again.

EDIT: just realized, you said reconfig it in xbox. My disk is actually not configured for Xbox. It's just a regular Fat32 disk. It used to work like that before. And if I configured it for Xbox, it could only be a small partition as well, not the entire disk, right?

If you do it on Xbox it will only give you 16gb. Plug it into you computer and do it on there.

Thanks, I will try that then! That might resolve a few other issues I have been having as well.

EDIT: could you please link me to a how-to, if it's not too much of a bother? Googling has not really help me as I only get guides on working with non-Xbox-configured drives.

Edited by awesomeguy