RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Prince667

FS3 Freezing when scanning paths?

I'm trying to scan my paths that I have for Xbox 1 emulators and what not and it always freezes up. Is there anyway to fix this?

Tried both already to no avail. Had this problem with old revs too figured this new update fixed it. Didn't :/. I have managed to pin point which emulators cause it to freeze. I just never had this problem with FSD 2 with the same ones. Appreciate the response though. Thank you.

Maybe you should try to refresh the path with one emulator at a time and see which one causes the freezing? I'm as clueless as you are here.

Yeah I'm clueless. I'm doing that and multiple ones are causing it. I'm just moving them to a different folder as a work around and won't have them in FS3 I guess. I'll just remember they are there. Thanks for the help anyways. Finally got it to stop freezing after moving 3-4. Could have something to do with them being Xbox 1 emulators (But they work fine) maybe they just don't scan correctly in FS3. Did in FS2 though. Don't really understand it. Ahh well, thanks anyways like I said.

which emulators are they and which versions ?

I don't know which versions for each one but I'm pretty sure the most up to date ones. Like I said these are Xbox 1 emulators. They scanned fine in FSD 2. Sorry it took a day to respond. 

medafenx-lynx(atari lynx emu)

neopopx v7 (neogeo pocket/colour emu)

medafenx-pce v6 (pc engine/turbographx/supergraphx/pc engine cd emu)

and also these homebrew games

zelda oni links begin

zelda return of the hylian 

zelda time to triumph.

make sure you are not setting it to AUTO when settings scan path, define it as an emulators scan path.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I came across it during a Google search.

I encountered this issue during scanning after adding 'mednafenx-pce v5' to my emulators folder (would like to know where Prince667 got v6). I've even moved it to it's own folder in the root directory and the same thing happens with Emulators checked in the Path settings.

So at the least, it's an issue Freestyle 3 (using latest version) has with this particular Xbox1 emulator, and possibly others. This is the only Xbox1 emulator I've used. The couple of Xbox1 games (Thief Deadly Shadows & TES 3 Morrowind) I have on my R-JTAG have no issues being detected.