RealModScene
richard_b

Opinion on which Glitch Chip to go with

I just recently picked up an Elite Zephyr Xbox for a smoking deal of $40 because of dead drive and I would like to perform a RGH on this box.

I would like to know some opinions on which chip I should go with, I am leaning heavily towards the TX Demon not only for Dual Nand, but also for the ease of reading and writing then NAND . Unless I'm mistaken with the research I've been doing I do not need a NAND X Programmer for this chip because of the built in USB? (Please Correct me if I'm wrong) Other than that I was looking at the Cool Runner V3 although I believe its sold out at the moment as seen on a few sites. I would need the NAND X for the Cool Runner but I could also use it for my other box if need be in the future. I do also have another Elite Falcon Jtag'd not sure how it was done as I paid to have this one done, and it has performed perfectly for me since day one no issues. However the place I normally go and a lot of other places no longer perform the mod do to new laws in Canada now! :(

I'm a computer enthusiast have built tons of custom Gaming Rigs for personal use and have done lots of electronic repairs installation and soldering are not a issue for me. Just would appreciate some advice on which chip to go with, I've been reading a lot about slow boot times with RGH 2 and would kinda rather avoid that unless its just as easy a purchasing a "CPU Reset Cleaner Add On" Money is not a issue whatever is going to give me the best performance and hassle.

Thanks for your input, hopefully I posted in the right spot.

I would wait for the new Rgh method Tx is developing.

Zephyrs are a head ache.

I've had some boot no problem

some only boot xell

and some not glitch at all.

Mod Scene in Canada is hurtin no resellers

Good thing money isnt an issue because anything you order from sites like xconsoles

Is going to be $30 shipping to Canada .(make sure you order everything you need first time)

Was going to order Kamakazee Hack template Shipping costs double the product lol.

Hope you have patience also takes 5-10 days to get the order through customs.

You can get some stuff local like a nandx (not team xecuter)

and cool runner II (not C3)

From Diygadget http://www.diygadget.com/game-console-adapters.html   $5 shipping

ya that the shipping always ridiculous to Canada. I def going Cool Runner + NAND X RGH Edition kit.I wunder what the new method will be? I have time to kill, im going to custom paint the case just for a airbrush project then put in some LEDS so im in no rush I can wait for the best thing. I have another console to get me by this ones more a modding project. I was looking on modchipcentral but I wouldn't doubt it if shippiong is the same, lol.

I picked up the xbox dirt cheap I was a little disappointed when I heard the zephyrs had a hard time glitching but on the other hand ive heard guys have no issue whatsoever. I bought cheap enough though so I don't mind experimenting. luck of the draw I guess.

Well looks like I'm gonna have to wait the DGX Phat to come out. I guess my version is to high. When is the DGX Phat gonna be available. I was reading back around dec 20th it was a few weeks are there any updates on the development?

Not sure If this will help you but all the Zephyrs that have worked for me with no problems

have had a darker green Mobo.

All the zephyrs with lighter green Mobo have given me problems.

Maybe I'm in luck, it is the darker green board. I only paid $50 bucks for it so I was planning on doing all the modding myself. I think the kid messed up the firmware on the DVD because it doesn't play discs, not that it matters ill recover the key eventually. I believe my kernal isn't exploitable so I have to wait for DGX P to be released. Hopefully soon