RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
puss2puss

Allowed to host LinK in homebrew?

hell0 LinK server owner(s) or any modders who already know the answer!

i just want a confirmation to know if its allowed to host LinK in a homebrew? (make a homebrew with features connecting to link server..) or would i need to contact directly the owner of the server?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, puss2puss said:

hell0 LinK server owner(s) or any modders who already know the answer!

i just want a confirmation to know if its allowed to host LinK in a homebrew? (make a homebrew with features connecting to link server..) or would i need to contact directly the owner of the server?

Thanks!

What are you specifically looking to do?

I would test any program or code against xlinkkai before asking for unity connection.. to verify it works and such.. as it basically is the same setup..

ok i will use xlinkai to make sure it works correctly first. But once its f1nished and working good, who exactly do i contact to approve using link server in it? i could maybe upload it in private and once he/she/they test it, then it would be great to be allowed to host link into it, to make a bigger comunity of online players instead of splitting the comunity by having a different server.. in the end, i want it to be all in the same server.

ps: i am looking for testers if interested! all you need is the game titanfall, the console doesnt need to be hacked. if interested send me a message. needs to be discreet and honest.

7 hours ago, puss2puss said:

ok i will use xlinkai to make sure it works correctly first. But once its f1nished and working good, who exactly do i contact to approve using link server in it? i could maybe upload it in private and once he/she/they test it, then it would be great to be allowed to host link into it, to make a bigger comunity of online players instead of splitting the comunity by having a different server.. in the end, i want it to be all in the same server.

ps: i am looking for testers if interested! all you need is the game titanfall, the console doesnt need to be hacked. if interested send me a message. needs to be discreet and honest.

you are drastically misunderstanding the scope of what link/xlinkkai do.. the only "server" part is handling the connection between consoles.. once the consoles are setup in-game, there is no more unity handling.. it becomes the host's server.. think of these programs as a router/switch.. that's it.. there is no game files/servers on either of the programs...

i understand link is really more like a ''bridge'', but isnt there a server where it gets connected to? ..xboxunity, no?

i mean, when we play online using link, are players connected in a server or people just get connected to eachothers?!

i tought there was a server to hold rooms, for exemple..?

thanks for all the explaination so far, really appreciate it mate!  sorry if sometime i misunderstood, i'm french and somet1me i miss some terms..

5 hours ago, puss2puss said:

i understand link is really more like a ''bridge'', but isnt there a server where it gets connected to? ..xboxunity, no?

i mean, when we play online using link, are players connected in a server or people just get connected to eachothers?!

i tought there was a server to hold rooms, for exemple..?

thanks for all the explaination so far, really appreciate it mate!  sorry if sometime i misunderstood, i'm french and somet1me i miss some terms..

While playing, you are on the host console, everyone connects to each other.. there is no game sever to play on

thanks for the clarification!

so i guess its possible for anyone to create new rooms? 

also, technicly speaking, what makes a game compatible or not, with system link? 

2 hours ago, puss2puss said:

thanks for the clarification!

so i guess its possible for anyone to create new rooms? 

also, technicly speaking, what makes a game compatible or not, with system link? 

Yes.. anyone can create a room on unity.. you can even password the room as well.. and what makes a game compatible is the developers coding in lan multiplayer..

you can't force a game to have this capability.. you can try looking at skyrims mod that claims to have multiplayer working if you want to see how complex that can be..

yeah but skyrim isnt multiplayer to begin with so its more complex to implement such a new feature..

but, for multiplayer games that are not compatible with system link but still uses M$ servers , wouldnt it work with a custom update like i've done with titanfall? (i want to do it with destiny but i didnt find bugs in the menu yet..with a bug in the main menu i could atleast try the same as with titanfall..but nobody proposed to help me yet so it takes long..i need testers who have titanfall, to help me polishing my update..also.. i am alone in game so i cant be 100% sure about how my update will react once more players connect.. )

If anyone wants to help, pm me! 

EDIT!

omg.. i read again one of your reply about how unity handles the connection and i think i just found a freaking cool solution to my issue!

..i still need testers though..