RealModScene
puss2puss

Nova plugin loaded: failed

hell0!

i forwarded my ports etc..

but when i go in Aurora's plugin, i can see Nova but its not active and when i 'test' the connection to port, everything 'pass' except Nova loaded. (..it also have exclamation mark beside upnp, but both port 'pass' fine.

Do i need to do something else to make it work?

UPDATE-

welp.. i'm now able to activate it, the solution was to stop fsd from booting at launch.

But now, the System link option in the home button menu is still greyed out.. is there specific compatible games or any games are compatible with LinK ?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, puss2puss said:

UPDATE-

welp.. i'm now able to activate it, the solution was to stop fsd from booting at launch.

But now, the System link option in the home button menu is still greyed out.. is there specific compatible games or any games are compatible with LinK ?

Thanks!

there is a syslink.dat somewhere that needs to be deleted(it is in aurora folder).. and the problem isnt loading into FSD first, it is that people dont unload the FSD plugin when switching..

they are alike, and will cause issues with one another..

hi and thanks for the help mate!

kind of the same hehe since, to be precise, my fsd auto-launch at boot so the plugin was the main one laoded in the background, and i did not think to un-load the plugin first :P   Thanks to you though, i wont have to edit my launch ini everytime since you pointed the exact issue ;) i will use aurora once in a while so i think i will have to get use to it when i intend to use Nova.. or..is there a way to set a load priority in Dashlaunch?

..or better yet..if i set Aurora to boot when i hold *** button on boot of the console, i guess it wont have the fsd plugin loaded in the background once i land on Aurora, right? so when i intend on using Aurora, i could boot the console while holding *** button and the nova plugin will activate right away?

As for the issue remaining, i will go delete it right now and see if i can use it.

Thanks!

UPDATE-

i removed the syslink.dat, but still the same..

exemple: i launch Forza horizon 2 with latest update, then i open home menu, but the System Link is grey and unclickable..

is there any other reasons it could cause this issue on my side?

1 hour ago, puss2puss said:

hi and thanks for the help mate!

kind of the same hehe since, to be precise, my fsd auto-launch at boot so the plugin was the main one laoded in the background, and i did not think to un-load the plugin first :P   Thanks to you though, i wont have to edit my launch ini everytime since you pointed the exact issue ;) i will use aurora once in a while so i think i will have to get use to it when i intend to use Nova.. or..is there a way to set a load priority in Dashlaunch?

..or better yet..if i set Aurora to boot when i hold *** button on boot of the console, i guess it wont have the fsd plugin loaded in the background once i land on Aurora, right? so when i intend on using Aurora, i could boot the console while holding *** button and the nova plugin will activate right away?

As for the issue remaining, i will go delete it right now and see if i can use it.

Thanks!

You can stop the autoloading of the fsd plugin mate.. in the options..

53 minutes ago, puss2puss said:

UPDATE-

i removed the syslink.dat, but still the same..

exemple: i launch Forza horizon 2 with latest update, then i open home menu, but the System Link is grey and unclickable..

is there any other reasons it could cause this issue on my side?

It has to do with syslink.dat.. you might have to reboot aurora once you delete it.. so a fresh version gets downloaded, but yeah

Yeah I know but I want to keep fsd as my default dash :P personal preference.

thats why i will probably set a booting key shortcut for aurora. (for xboxunity) 

when i wake up i'l try again with forza and titanfall (i wish i could with Destny but from what i noticed it seems pretty strict for live for this one.. )

... ...i thhink i've just moved or broke spmething iin my0 neck rtight now... ..

12 minutes ago, puss2puss said:

Yeah I know but I want to keep fsd as my default dash :P personal preference.

thats why i will probably set a booting key shortcut for aurora. (for xboxunity) 

when i wake up i'l try again with forza and titanfall (i wish i could with Destny but from what i noticed it seems pretty strict for live for this one.. )

... ...i thhink i've just moved or broke spmething iin my0 neck rtight now... ..

destiny is an online only game mate... so is titanfall iirc

There's only a small percentage which are LiNK enabled. To get a complete list with LiNK-enabled games, at least it's a way I do it:

• Go to http://xboxunity.net/
  • Type in * and hit enter
  • Click "Sort and filter"
  • Select "Titles with Link" / "All" / "Name" / "Ascending" and hit Apply

As I count it, there are currently 177 LiNK-enabled games available.

thanks for the info!

questions:

1 -who's the latest modder who worked on xell reloaded?

2 -for a game like titanfall, i modded a little bit the 'data center' screen to make a double one that appears on top of the current one in the main menu once you freeze the menu (not sure wich button combo froze it, but i just press every button fast on the main menu and eventually the menu 'data center' freezes but stays behind the title) then my modded 'data center' menu appears where the normal one is suppose to, but instead of looking for their server, it will be linked directly to xboxunity server.. so i wonder: is it allowed to use xboxunity as a tunnel for a modded menu? ..who is actually in charge of xboxunity?..

3- how to create a custom update that will not get overwritten if a new update is applied??

4- when we connect to LinK, does it try briefly try to connect to xlive or it goes directly to xunity's server?

13 hours ago, puss2puss said:

thanks for the info!

questions:

1 -who's the latest modder who worked on xell reloaded?

2 -for a game like titanfall, i modded a little bit the 'data center' screen to make a double one that appears on top of the current one in the main menu once you freeze the menu (not sure wich button combo froze it, but i just press every button fast on the main menu and eventually the menu 'data center' freezes but stays behind the title) then my modded 'data center' menu appears where the normal one is suppose to, but instead of looking for their server, it will be linked directly to xboxunity server.. so i wonder: is it allowed to use xboxunity as a tunnel for a modded menu? ..who is actually in charge of xboxunity?..

3- how to create a custom update that will not get overwritten if a new update is applied??

4- when we connect to LinK, does it try briefly try to connect to xlive or it goes directly to xunity's server?

Link is system link.. it never attempts to connect to live.. you should read up on the difference

xell reloaded can be made by anyone.. it is open source iirc..

I don't understand number 3.. any update would change how a game is coded.. 

And the people in charge of unity are here..

i know link is link and live is live, but i asked if it tries to connect to live for a sec , in case its part of the process of connecting with link.

as for xell, i still need to know who worked on it the last, since i cant modify it myself. (i need to alter xell to detect cpu key since my new method, for now i will call it MEM74,  can launch xell on boot, but cant detect the cpu key..)

about unity.. i know you guys are all here.. what i really wanna know is who is the main person in charge of it? (altought at this point its less of a priority for now..)

as for my question about updates, what i really meant was: i made a custom update for titanfall and destiny and i wanted to know if its possible to prevent it from being overwriten by other updates? or.. is it possible, to install as a DLC and force the game to use the files in it, instead of the files from the game? (if the dlc is just modded game files..not an addon.)

sorry if my questions are not all clear, kinda scared and stressed about what could happen etc..just wanna makw sure we release it without being patched right away..

thanks. have a good one.

10 hours ago, puss2puss said:

i know link is link and live is live, but i asked if it tries to connect to live for a sec , in case its part of the process of connecting with link.

as for xell, i still need to know who worked on it the last, since i cant modify it myself. (i need to alter xell to detect cpu key since my new method, for now i will call it MEM74,  can launch xell on boot, but cant detect the cpu key..)

about unity.. i know you guys are all here.. what i really wanna know is who is the main person in charge of it? (altought at this point its less of a priority for now..)

as for my question about updates, what i really meant was: i made a custom update for titanfall and destiny and i wanted to know if its possible to prevent it from being overwriten by other updates? or.. is it possible, to install as a DLC and force the game to use the files in it, instead of the files from the game? (if the dlc is just modded game files..not an addon.)

sorry if my questions are not all clear, kinda scared and stressed about what could happen etc..just wanna makw sure we release it without being patched right away..

thanks. have a good one.

It does not connect to live at all.. you can use xlinkkai to test your stuff.. if it works with that, it'll work with LiNK..

As for xell.. it's no one here

As for the people, it's team Phoenix mate, that owns link server.. even then.. the only thing xlinkai and unity does is handle the initial connection between boxes, then the host is the server. As for if you made a custom update, then it would be the newest one.. and only people who had your update would be able to use it.. now you are borderline on breaking rules of this forum, cuz we don't support Xbox live stuff here

hi and thanks for the detailed replie! awesome :)

As for the rules i'm sorry i didnt know it was a rule..but keep in mind, the only reason i mentionned xbox live, was to know if xlink etc was semi related to it but its all good now, you cleared that for me hehe i wont talk about it anymore now that i know.