RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
puss2puss

jrunner: i/o device error ..cannot write ecc..

Hell0 modders and passionates! (if any still exist..hopefully..)

I was wondering, other then bad solders, what can cause a chip to not glitch? the green light blink once, but only once.

The console boots normally when i unsolder the power point from the chip.

..is the console suppose to boot normally when i remove the chip? because if not, maybe i didnt re-write the ECC correctly?..

Thanks!

2 hours ago, puss2puss said:

Hell0 modders and passionates! (if any still exist..hopefully..)

I was wondering, other then bad solders, what can cause a chip to not glitch? the green light blink once, but only once.

The console boots normally when i unsolder the power point from the chip.

..is the console suppose to boot normally when i remove the chip? because if not, maybe i didnt re-write the ECC correctly?..

Thanks!

If it boots normally.. then yeah you did not write the ecc.. 

:P true..

i noticed in jrunner that when i press ''write ECC'' , it doesnt do anything..so i guess i am unable to write to the nand, but i can read it..

Any ideas why? was thinking maybe my homemade sd adapter's pin for write protection, but its suppose to be fine since i added a tape in the lock pin slot, it worked last time i tried this method for a 3ds nand backup.

What else can cause this? any particular version of jrunner works particularly better for Corona v2 ?..

Thanks for the reply by the way! :)

BUMPER BUMP..

..i can read the nand but i cannot write on it even with the sd adapter's lock pin set to disable write protection, can it be because i grounded only pad 6? on the diagram about reading the nand with the sd tool, it shows 2 grounds, but i wasnt sure if it meant to use both, or if its just to show wich ground we can use.. ..

Thanks!

.. alright so i grounded both pads, 4 and 6, and it worked. i wrote the ecc then with xell i took the cpu key.

..built the xebuild image and wrote it to nand, but when i power on the console, the chip light blink a couple of time then stop, and never actually boot.

What can be the cause?

19 hours ago, puss2puss said:

.. alright so i grounded both pads, 4 and 6, and it worked. i wrote the ecc then with xell i took the cpu key.

..built the xebuild image and wrote it to nand, but when i power on the console, the chip light blink a couple of time then stop, and never actually boot.

What can be the cause?

you dont specify what chip you are using.. sooo what chip?

Oh i'm using an Ace4.1 with an homemade sd afapter i made.

This issue is fixed and everything is working perfect now! the issue was that i built my xebuild image with the same nand that had the ECC writen on it :P

..so.. i took the original backup, wrote xebuild, write nand, boom, worked like supposed.

Side unrelated note:

any tricks to voluntarly boot into rrod/error screen? i accidently noticed lately, that at some point, when entering into rrod with error 74 or 71 (it need to be the ones where the boot logo still plays the anim before giving the error screen,..), the door is wide open, waiting to be stoped while its mid-open..

..i want to test some stuff, but dont want to make he console overheat just to enter the screen ..