RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Animemaster345

FSD File manager can't transfer files?

Hey guys, I seem to have a problem with the FSD file manager. Whenever itry to copy or move a file it gives me the error "Can not move files toor from root". Any help on how to transfer files? (I'm just trying tomove files on the external Hard drive).

i think you are not pressing the right buttons or you are not transfering to the right direction!.. dont forget you have 2 windows in file manager, the one to the left and the one to the right. if you copy a file from the left window, then the right window should be the destination folder.

I will give you an exemple: to the left, i have me folder ROMs i want to copy in emulator folder, and to the right, i have the destination folder, wich would be emulator. So to copy it, you go on the file, you press the ''right button'' of the controller and hold it, then click ''x'' to copy to the Emulator folder..

So, in file manager, one section is gonna be your files you want to copy, and the other will be the destination folder that you choose before copying files. Your error message is most likely because you are copying in the root of xbox instead of HDD..so you have to select the destination folder in file manager.

(When you copy a folder or file in FSD file manager, the button on the controller (RB and LB) will choose the destination of the file/folder)

• Like 2