RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
puss2puss

Corona v2 homemade 4gb sd R/W tool: resistor

hell0 modders!

i was wondering if anyone here knows: when making an homemade 4gb nand transfer tool with an SD adapter, when using the 68 ohms resistor, does the Wattage and Tolerance % matters? is using a 1/2 resistor fine?

thanks!

Alright i found my answers elsewhere.

But unfortunatly i have 2 small questions remaining..hopefully someone around will be able to help me out on this one.

1- when using an homemade sd tool to read nand, where to i solder the crystal? i read that i need to solder the crystal to point C on official tools,  but this one is homemade so i dont know what i should do with the crystal? ..Ground it??

2- on the board of the console, i see i need to solder ground on 2 points (4 and 6), can i just bridge those 2 points together ?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, puss2puss said:

Alright i found my answers elsewhere.

But unfortunatly i have 2 small questions remaining..hopefully someone around will be able to help me out on this one.

1- when using an homemade sd tool to read nand, where to i solder the crystal? i read that i need to solder the crystal to point C on official tools,  but this one is homemade so i dont know what i should do with the crystal? ..Ground it??

2- on the board of the console, i see i need to solder ground on 2 points (4 and 6), can i just bridge those 2 points together ?

Thanks!

thanks for the reply Felida!

in the description of the video it says to ground it, so, i will ground the crystal.
But some things i dont understand in this video.. aren't we suppose to solder ground on points 4 and 6 ? in his video he only grounds 6..

For those 2 points, can i jsut bridge them or i need to solder an extra ground wire from the sd adapter?

My brain tells me of course i can, but, seing all kind of videos and tuto, kinda confused on some small details like this..

Thanks for the help!

SOLVED

in case anyone at any point is wondering the same question, yes, you need to ground both of them, but its bsafer to run 2 wires separatly instead of bridging them.

if you get error or are unable to write to nand: solder both ground! it fixed it for me :)