RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

put wrong dvd in console

So, i have two consoles which have both been RGH'd, ones been shipped out, (console 1) and the other, (console 2) i still have here, i put a game into console 2 and it just asks to play DVD which makes me beleive i got the wrong drive in. I have the nands dumps and extracts etc of both consoles to hand, what i am thinking is to open console 1 updflash.bin in xexbuildGUI and copy the DVD key, then open up console 2 updflash.bin in xexbuildGUI and paste the DVD i got from console 1 into it and created a new hacked image.

Would this work ? and do i need to copy any other values and paste them in as well ?. If the person i shipped console 1 to complains that the drive isnt reading discs, i could do the same and send him an updated image to flash to his console.

Moved from tutorial section, coz its here a better place for your thread !

Dr.Gonzo.

7 hours ago, loady said:

So, i have two consoles which have both been RGH'd, ones been shipped out, (console 1) and the other, (console 2) i still have here, i put a game into console 2 and it just asks to play DVD which makes me beleive i got the wrong drive in. I have the nands dumps and extracts etc of both consoles to hand, what i am thinking is to open console 1 updflash.bin in xexbuildGUI and copy the DVD key, then open up console 2 updflash.bin in xexbuildGUI and paste the DVD i got from console 1 into it and created a new hacked image.

Would this work ? and do i need to copy any other values and paste them in as well ?. If the person i shipped console 1 to complains that the drive isnt reading discs, i could do the same and send him an updated image to flash to his console.

what you said is 100% doable, but there are some limitations here

are the consoles slim??

are the drives exactly the same kind?

if you are dealing with phats, and the same kind of drives.. then you can easily do as you asked.. OR better yet, just change the dvd key on the drive itself.. now for the console that shipped.. they would have to take a nanddump that has been changed due to their ability to change the drive itself..

edit: and if the drives are different, then you would have to definitely change the nands

44 minutes ago, felida said:

what you said is 100% doable, but there are some limitations here

are the consoles slim??

are the drives exactly the same kind?

if you are dealing with phats, and the same kind of drives.. then you can easily do as you asked.. OR better yet, just change the dvd key on the drive itself.. now for the console that shipped.. they would have to take a nanddump that has been changed due to their ability to change the drive itself..

edit: and if the drives are different, then you would have to definitely change the nands

The drives are the same, both are slim trinities. I thought about just changing the drives keys to reflect what's on the nand, but didn't miscrosoft updates lock the firmware on the same drives ? It's been years since I flashed a drive, still have the equipment to do it but will have to read up on it. Light be better to change the band's, the console I shipped I have the nands and extract files  

5 minutes ago, loady said:

The drives are the same, both are slim trinities. I thought about just changing the drives keys to reflect what's on the nand, but didn't miscrosoft updates lock the firmware on the same drives ? It's been years since I flashed a drive, still have the equipment to do it but will have to read up on it. Light be better to change the band's, the console I shipped I have the nands and extract files  

and we have a problem.. lol.. they might have the fcrt.bin's which is written into the nand.. while there is a patch for this in the nand builders, you can never go back to retail iirc..

and you are correct about slim drives being locked. i asked if they were the same drives because you would have to spoof the dvd drive as well as change the key in the nand if they weren't. 

edit: phat drives can easily be changed though.. minus the spoofing part

10 minutes ago, felida said:

and we have a problem.. lol.. they might have the fcrt.bin's which is written into the nand.. while there is a patch for this in the nand builders, you can never go back to retail iirc..

and you are correct about slim drives being locked. i asked if they were the same drives because you would have to spoof the dvd drive as well as change the key in the nand if they weren't. 

edit: phat drives can easily be changed though.. minus the spoofing part

Best way forward I think, get the DVD drive key from the nand from console 1 and write it into a new hacked image for nand on console 2, I'm sure there is more than just copying the DVD key amd pasting it in ?...do I need to do anything else, are there other variables I have to copy over ? If the drives are now lock, would I still be able to read it ? If I can read it and see the key them I would be able to cross reference with the nand and know 100% I have put the wrong drive in

Edited by loady

3 hours ago, loady said:

Best way forward I think, get the DVD drive key from the nand from console 1 and write it into a new hacked image for nand on console 2, I'm sure there is more than just copying the DVD key amd pasting it in ?...do I need to do anything else, are there other variables I have to copy over ? If the drives are now lock, would I still be able to read it ? If I can read it and see the key them I would be able to cross reference with the nand and know 100% I have put the wrong drive in

yes since they are the same drive you can easily change the dvd key.. i was just saying you can not go back to retail with that particular drive

• Like 1

i went ahead and wrote the key to the nand that i thought was the correct drive and its working now. Now i can send the updated nand to the customer i sold the other console to.

Thanks felida, a great help as usual.