RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SLOgamer123

Hard Drive isn't working!

Try a different USB port and wait a little, I also have a 320 gb WD external hdd and i takes about 5-10 seconds for the Xbox to recognise it lol. Usually I plug the hdd to the front USB ports. If that doesn't help you could also try using another program to format it like guiformat (I use it and it works just great!)

Delete the primary partition of your hdd in Windows and try formatting it again as fat32. p.s. does Metro recognise it as a drive that can be configured? If not it could be that your hdd needs more power than the Xbox can provide.

Does FSD see the HDD?

The NXE/Metro dashboard will not see a FAT32-formatted HDD.

Does FSD see the HDD? The NXE/Metro dashboard will not see a FAT32-formatted HDD.

That's true, @SLOgamer123 try formatting it to ntfs and then go to NXE/Metro and see if it recognises it. If not, then you should have an idea what's wrong with it.

That's true, @SLOgamer123 try formatting it to ntfs and then go to NXE/Metro and see if it recognises it. If not, then you should have an idea what's wrong with it.

The XBOX 360 won't see NTFS drives/partitions.

FSD will see FAT32 drives, but the NXE/Metro dashboard will only see those formatted as FATX (the XBOX file system).

OP: You can tell if FSD has recognised the HDD when you click the right thumb stick - you will see available drives and free space at the top right-hand side of your screen.

Well "see" as in the option in the storage tab to configure the USB to work with nxe as a memory unit to save gamefiles. If in that case the console could recognise the device at all it could mean that the partition is not right, in case the xbox couldn't recognise the hdd at all it would mean that it cannot provide enough power for the hdd to work.

Format the hard drive ony our xbox 360

make sure you use the USB at the back. Front usb share the same system bus.

It works now! I've formated it again, pluged bought USB's in the back of Xbox and waited for 15-20s and it works now! Thanks for your support! You are the best!