RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
robins

SystemLink.xur, Lobby.xur and UserCP.xur

these 3 files are under PluginsHudScene, what makes them so special that I can't open them with xuitool? How can I edit them as I did for the other xur's in the skins?i appreciate if teamfsd could shed any light to it, I know you must have the answer, you create them...Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello,

Those files are dummy files and don't actually do anything.  In the currently released version of our plugin, all of the scenes are hard coded into the .xex file.  

We have a version in development now where we no longer have to hard code anything; however, because of the very limited memory available in Guide- and the very intricate way everything has to be put together, we do not intend to support skinning of the HUD scenes outside of modifying the images that we provide externally.

If you have suggestions on how to make our HUD modifications look better, we will definitely listen to them and consider them as future improvements.

To directly answer your question:  What is so special about them?

HUD uses a .xur format that is not compatible with XUITool (which is why you can't open them in xuitool). 

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Those files are dummy files and don't actually do anything.  In the currently released version of our plugin, all of the scenes are hard coded into the .xex file.  

We have a version in development now where we no longer have to hard code anything; however, because of the very limited memory available in Guide- and the very intricate way everything has to be put together, we do not intend to support skinning of the HUD scenes outside of modifying the images that we provide externally.

If you have suggestions on how to make our HUD modifications look better, we will definitely listen to them and consider them as future improvements.

To directly answer your question:  What is so special about them?

HUD uses a .xur format that is not compatible with XUITool (which is why you can't open them in xuitool). 

Hope this helps!

Hi MaesterRowen, thank you very much for the reply. It answered my question.

Suggestion? Yes, i can beg if you could make it happen.

Since my first time touching this awesome dash 2 years ago, i spent a lot of time trying to make a perfect translation for it, which includes the skin and the xex as well.

with the help of xuitt and other great programs we can get a translated version of f3, but there are still some strings we dont have a clue for translation.

1. strings in skin.xml, can you make it support unicode or utf8 charset like menusettings.xml?

2. text "Save" and "Delete" in edit game path scene, they were hardcoded in default.xex, but they seemed sharing a same ID, which result in a frozen screen if we translate it(them). can you assign 2 seperate ID for them so that we can translate them and dont lose the function?

3. text "OK" and "Cancel" in deafult.xex, many of the popup windows use these 2 texts, but if we translate them, we will lost the function in some scenes, e.g. copy dvd. why are they so special? I know a well designed skin(like Metro V3 Link by HaCKLinK vs Bebert007) can solve the problem, but it just have something else to cover "OK" and "Cancel", problem remains if we change a skin. Is there anything you can do to permanently slove it?

4. ... i know there are something else i havent noticed.

Anyway, above all the mentioned suggestions, my request is a multi-langage Freestyle dashboard. I dream of it! Please do take it into consideration for the next release, I believe many of your fans can contribute to this project.

Again, thanks Team FSD!

Thanks for your suggestions-

Unfortunately- with F3 and the entire Freestyle base- we didn't design it with translating in mind, originally.  The Xbox SDK has a very good way of handling languages across scenes and within the XEX- but to retroactively go through and fit that in is a huge project that we just can't find time to get to.

Hopefully we get to it one day.

Yeah, I guess that must be a huge project, if that's not gonna come true in the near future, can you consider doing the followings for us?1. In the HUD scene, text "Back" is in SystemLink.xur which is not easy to edit, can you hard code it into xex?2. type in 3 or 4 Spaces after text "Open Tray" and "Close Tray", my translated strings are longer than the original ones...

3. skin.xml, Save, Delete, OK, Cancel related suggestions I mentioned above?4. for the strings in update installer(the black screen scene), which font does it use? it seemed not using arial.ttf under mediafont folder, the translated texts wont display properly, instead it only shows blocks([]). Can you make it use the same font as the other strings?5. As for the new Guide design you mentioned above, it will be sad for us not being able to translate it. If this is going to happen anyway, can you make the current plugin compatible for the future release?6. Can you make a list of the texts which are hard coded in xex? To collect them is also a painful process, we just note it down when we come across a text in the dash.

Thanks in advance.