RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow07

Oblivion Modding sound conversion

So I've been porting a ton of mods to oblivion on the 360 and I'm having issues with sounds. I've tried a few different methods to convert the .mp3 and .wav files to both .xwm and .xma to try and get them to play on the xbox but all my attempts result in a freeze when the custom sounds are executed. Anyone have any idea how to get the sounds from mods to work properly?

3 hours ago, Shadow07 said:

So I've been porting a ton of mods to oblivion on the 360 and I'm having issues with sounds. I've tried a few different methods to convert the .mp3 and .wav files to both .xwm and .xma to try and get them to play on the xbox but all my attempts result in a freeze when the custom sounds are executed. Anyone have any idea how to get the sounds from mods to work properly?

I've written a guide to convert sounds to Xma.. check my skin Tut's.. using audacity

2 hours ago, felida said:

I've written a guide to convert sounds to Xma.. check my skin Tut's.. using audacity

Yeah I found that tutorial, the only issue is my XDK came with xma2encode instead of xwmaencode. I've tried following your tutorial using the same steps but I get the following error:

Error E0002: Unable to open midaswraithquest_greeting_0006f8a7_1.xma for reading.
Error E0006: Failed to load file midaswraithquest_greeting_0006f8a7_1.wav.
The attempt to encode failed: an unspecified failure occurred.

An HRESULT of 0x80004005 was returned.

EDIT: Disregard. The syntax is just different on the version 2 encoder. It's 

xma2encode *.wav /targetfile *.xma

Converting a batch of sounds now, I'll let you know how it goes. There's no way to convert batches of sounds at once is there? I have something like 4000 sound files to convert lol. 

EDIT2: So I got the same result. It freezes when the sound is executed in game. 

1 hour ago, Shadow07 said:

Yeah I found that tutorial, the only issue is my XDK came with xma2encode instead of xwmaencode. I've tried following your tutorial using the same steps but I get the following error:

EDIT: Disregard. The syntax is just different on the version 2 encoder. It's 

xma2encode *.wav /targetfile *.xma

Converting a batch of sounds now, I'll let you know how it goes. There's no way to convert batches of sounds at once is there? I have something like 4000 sound files to convert lol. 

EDIT2: So I got the same result. It freezes when the sound is executed in game. 

did you make the wav the proper version as-per my tutorial??

before you converted to xma??

On 1/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, felida said:

did you make the wav the proper version as-per my tutorial??

before you converted to xma??

Yep I followed your instructions exactly using audacity. Any tips on other software I could try?