RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
StaticPulse

Primary Drive Maximum Capacity

I haven't done a hardware update in a very long time with all the dashlaunch releases and whatnot over the years.

When I glitched my Slim Trinity I upgraded to 500GB Scorpio Blue drive; however, I'm curious. When they pushed the update that allowed for larger capacity drives to be compatible as secondary storage, did it also lift the cap on the primary drive capacity with modded systems?

I would like to upgrade my primary to a 2.5" 1-4TB primary, Is this doable now?

I also find that Hitachi HGST 2TB work like a DREAM for OG Xbox HDD upgrades so I'm in the market for the same in 2.5" flavor.

Please dear god tell me that we can now accept a Hitachi Helium HGST 8TB for primary!  hahahah

Badly needing to consolidate and restructure these days.......

44 minutes ago, StaticPulse said:

When I glitched my Slim Trinity I upgraded to 500GB Scorpio Blue drive; however, I'm curious. When they pushed the update that allowed for larger capacity drives to be compatible as secondary storage, did it also lift the cap on the primary drive capacity with modded systems? 

Its only for external Usb drives. :(

1 hour ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Its only for external Usb drives. :(

Well, looks like I can at least upgrade my WD Passport to something faster and larger in an enclosure then I suppose.

6 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

Well, looks like I can at least upgrade my WD Passport to something faster and larger in an enclosure then I suppose.

There is a limit on the console itself.. 2tb is the max either internal or external, the update just removed the fatx requirement, and just creates a content folder on any fat32 drive.. 

On 1/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, felida said:

There is a limit on the console itself.. 2tb is the max either internal or external, the update just removed the fatx requirement, and just creates a content folder on any fat32 drive.. 

At least we have the 2. So best I could do would be have 2tb primary and 2tb secondary? or is my 500GB / 2TB setup my current best option?

Could probably do an MU hack to make it larger. and might be able to add multiple sticks to the USB bus.

Now that'd be dope, RAID for MU Bus and just build a flashdrive array!

lol

2 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

At least we have the 2. So best I could do would be have 2tb primary and 2tb secondary? or is my 500GB / 2TB setup my current best option? 

I thing your hdd setup is the best solution. The 360 can only read from the primary partition. You can only use two external usb drives at the same time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

Could probably do an MU hack to make it larger. and might be able to add multiple sticks to the USB bus.

Now that'd be dope, RAID for MU Bus and just build a flashdrive array!

lol

I'd say best would simply be 2tb internal, and 2tb external..

• Like 1

I have a 2TB internal HDD, and 2x 2TB external HDD in USB caddies. So 6TB would be the console's physical maximum.

But, if you have ConnectX enabled and connected to a PC with plenty of space, you can go way over 6TB. If you decicate a 8TB drive solely for ConnectX, you've got 14TB space for games. I've come to the conclusion while testing most games work fine through ConnectX, it's only a bit slow with loading. Mind you some games require local storage and crash on ConnectX.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Remmigiosh said:

I have a 2TB internal HDD, and 2x 2TB external HDD in USB caddies. So 6TB would be the console's physical maximum.

But, if you have ConnectX enabled and connected to a PC with plenty of space, you can go way over 6TB. If you decicate a 8TB drive solely for ConnectX, you've got 14TB space for games. I've come to the conclusion while testing most games work fine through ConnectX, it's only a bit slow with loading. Mind you some games require local storage and crash on ConnectX.

op knows for sure about connectX mate..

and reason i said 1 external, is due to the cases often identifying as the same exact hard drive.. which would cause problems for the obvious reasons.