RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
games805

Game name changes during box art download

I create a game path and start scanning. I was watching the scan, and te box covers are showing up on the screen with their correct title. When the scan is complete, i noticed a few of the games titles would change to something else. A game showed up as "xbox dashboard" etc..

Is there a way to fix this? All my games are labeled correctly on the hard drive. Trying to figure out what makes it change to something else

1 hour ago, games805 said:

I create a game path and start scanning. I was watching the scan, and te box covers are showing up on the screen with their correct title. When the scan is complete, i noticed a few of the games titles would change to something else. A game showed up as "xbox dashboard" etc..

Is there a way to fix this? All my games are labeled correctly on the hard drive. Trying to figure out what makes it change to something else

the games are read from themselves.. not a database

8 hours ago, felida said:

the games are read from themselves.. not a database

Can you explain?

I don't see how i can have a game say Gears of War be changed to Xbox Dashboard when the scan is complete .I have to rename it back to Gears of War

5 hours ago, games805 said:

Can you explain?

I don't see how i can have a game say Gears of War be changed to Xbox Dashboard when the scan is complete .I have to rename it back to Gears of War

It's going by the information out of the /Content folder.

Anything in Aurora that you customize for your game like that is only on the front end. What will matter is the Game ID number for downloading assets, and when you rescan it will set it back to what is in the Title ID to the best of my knowledge.

If you edit it from it's default value (Mounted Filesystem in FATxplorer) from it's actual data, you could make the game unplayable until you rename it back.

One idea is scan your collection, rename what you want in Aurora, then exclude that specific title from future scans.

8 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

It's going by the information out of the /Content folder.

Anything in Aurora that you customize for your game like that is only on the front end. What will matter is the Game ID number for downloading assets, and when you rescan it will set it back to what is in the Title ID to the best of my knowledge.

If you edit it from it's default value (Mounted Filesystem in FATxplorer) from it's actual data, you could make the game unplayable until you rename it back.

One idea is scan your collection, rename what you want in Aurora, then exclude that specific title from future scans.

You would have to create a specific location for the individual game.. and it couldn't be in another path as well.. so it would need to be in its own location

• Like 1