RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
yoshi

Router problem (port issue)

Hi,i have now installed F3 and i am signed at JQE360 (nick: yoshi)At home, my router could find LAN games, but at my friend it doesn't :( I have old Fat xbox360 and the newest F3 dash board with newest dash-launch :)   (I can login to jqe360 though, but when i go to "system link" on CoD:BO2 .. it couldnt find anything)When i am at F3 plugin and hit test ... all passes but PORTs always fail :(What am i doing wrong ? I have tried to set on my router (D-Link) some virtual site with my ports (30000) and then i added it to F plugin but it still doesnt work ... if you have some advice or same problem please let me know :)Thanks very much and greetings from Czech republic :)

¿Did you press Home Bottom, on the system link screen to see the rooms?

Are The xbox connected with wired?

Hi,i have now installed F3 and i am signed at JQE360 (nick: yoshi)At home, my router could find LAN games, but at my friend it doesn't :( I have old Fat xbox360 and the newest F3 dash board with newest dash-launch :)   (I can login to jqe360 though, but when i go to "system link" on CoD:BO2 .. it couldnt find anything)When i am at F3 plugin and hit test ... all passes but PORTs always fail :(What am i doing wrong ? I have tried to set on my router (D-Link) some virtual site with my ports (30000) and then i added it to F plugin but it still doesnt work ... if you have some advice or same problem please let me know :)Thanks very much and greetings from Czech republic :)

Not this again, if it works at your home and not at your friends, their is clearly something wrong with your friends router.

Alxskater: I said, that I know how to connect at home via wired LAN connection ... but at my friend it is not working ... it can log me to JQE360 but that PORT fails all the time and i cannot see players at System link ...IrishDave: I think that every router works on the same principle. It can not be by that his router is another type than mine ... i think that it needs to be modded somehow .. but i cannot find anywhere how :( ... i just thought, that some of you guys could help me :)Anyway, I think that this is very know problem so if it will someone solve this out, It will help a lot of people using link + F3 because this site is the best :)

Alxskater: I said, that I know how to connect at home via wired LAN connection ... but at my friend it is not working ... it can log me to JQE360 but that PORT fails all the time and i cannot see players at System link ...IrishDave: I think that every router works on the same principle. It can not be by that his router is another type than mine ... i think that it needs to be modded somehow .. but i cannot find anywhere how :( ... i just thought, that some of you guys could help me :)Anyway, I think that this is very know problem so if it will someone solve this out, It will help a lot of people using link + F3 because this site is the best :)

Yes every router does do the same principle. However, every router is not on the same settings.

its possible at your friends, the router is blocking the ports.... Have you read the manual for his router, as far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong, it works at your home, not at your friends... what does that tell you?

Hmm, I havent done anything, but before 15 minutes, it worked ... it showed me available LAN games, but i cannot join to any ... i havent read the manual, because it is 4 years old and manual is gone :D ... but yes, there is online manual, but i am too lazy and so much inexperienced with setting up the router or some else internet devices so i was just hoping, that it will work just fine :)I will try it again tommorow and tell you if it works :3

Hmm, I havent done anything, but before 15 minutes, it worked ... it showed me available LAN games, but i cannot join to any ... i havent read the manual, because it is 4 years old and manual is gone :D ... but yes, there is online manual, but i am too lazy and so much inexperienced with setting up the router or some else internet devices so i was just hoping, that it will work just fine :)I will try it again tommorow and tell you if it works :3

Exactly, why bother, bring the friend to your house or tell him to upgrade his piece of sh!te of a router, or you can adjust it to work :)