RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
JPizzle

Simple Nand Flasher 1.3 BETA by Swizzy : Automatic mode added

Swizzy release today an update of his Simple 360 NAND Flasher now in version 1.3. This version is labelled as BETA because it includes new code and features that have been tested only a few times without any issues but we never know . To remind, this xbox 360 SDK application will allow you do read/write the nand of any exploited Xbox 360 directly from it. This software can be launched from any xex loader (FSD,XeXMenu,Xshell) on a JTAG/RGH/XDK console.

This new version bring a very nice feature called ‘AutoMode’ which will automatically read a command from a file and execute it, without having to ask you what to do, when writing it of course checks the integrity of the file to verify that all is OK, this is meant for the upcoming version of autogg and his ftp flash feature. Other stuff have been added like console infomation display (CPUKey, dash version) and a reboot of the console after a flash instead of a shut down.

Full Readme :

Simple 360 NAND Flasher By Swizzy v1.3 (BETA)

** Please note that this is an open BETA, it have been tested by me and a few friends, but… i don’t take any

responsibility for possible bricks, make sure you understand this before you use this new version! **

* Requirements *

- A Hacked Xbox 360 (JTAG/RGH or similar)

- A nand dump to write or just enough space to save your nanddump on whatever device you use this app on

** For AutoMode: **

- A CRC32 hash of updflash.bin (in file updflash.crc32)

- A File named « simpleflasher.cmd » containing a command described in the secton « AutoMode » below

* What it does *

- It’ll flash your motherboards nand with the supplied image (updflash.bin) using rawflash v4 or rawflash4g v1

- It’ll dump your motherboards nand with to flashdmp.bin using rawdump v1 or rawdump4g v1

* AutoMode *

Below is a list of commands followed by an explanation of what it does:

read – Dumps nand to flashdmp.bin and generates a CRC32 hash in flashdmp.crc32

dump – ^ same as above

write – Writes updflash.bin to nand (if CRC32 hash matches)

flash – ^ same as above

safe – Safeflash (dump + write) requires CRC32 hash like write, but dumps to recovery.bin instead

exit – Just exit the app, mainly meant for just extracting CPUKey…

reboot – Reboots the whole console, mainly meant for FSD plugin updates

In order for these features to actually work you have to write any of the above keywords/commands in a file called « simpleflasher.cmd »

This file is read on launch and deleted once read (NOTE: It’ll ONLY read 1 line!)

* CPUKey Extraction *

It’s finally here, i could’ve had it working a long time ago, i just didn’t get the test app working… and decided to put it aside for a while…

This feature will not work on every dash, old ones will most likely not work, it uses a peek feature introduced by Dashlaunch a while back, i don’t know when, nor does cOz remember when…

Etheir way, if it doesn’t work it’ll post a message to you saying that you’ll have to use xell…

* Credits *

- cOz Thanks for all the help you constantly give me with just about everything, and thanks for rawflash!

- Thanks to xvistaman for helping me solve that one last error i had with corona4g writes! i owe you

- Thanks to blaKcat for listening to me about security stuff, CRC32 hashes etc. and not releasing the modified version before my official one

- Thanks to everyone that has helped me test it!: Jonblu @ Consoleopen, Sileandro and Razkar And others that i don’t know the name of…

- Thanks also goes to who ever it was that ported rawflash to SDK in the first place and making it open source!

- Thanks also to everyone that reports bugs and/or errors in ALL my apps

* Future features *

- Standalone Network controls (AutoMode was designed for AutoGG’s network updates and requires FTP access with App Execution)

* Changelog *

v1.3 (BETA)

- Added: Auto/Manual mode, it can now do things straight away rather then waiting for user input…

- Added: CPUKey Extraction this is done before it asks what to do, or even reads automode files…

- Added: It’ll display the currently running dashboard version for you (Useful when dumping/updating to see what’s running atm)

- Fixed: Output log will nolonger include anything that starts with « r » meaning anything that reports status…

- Changed: Changed the text color to gold (0xFFFFD700)

- Changed: Font size is now smaller, and i’ve changed the font from Verdana to X360 by Redge

- Changed: The console will now hard-reset itself rather then power off (same way as a normal Xbox 360 update do)

- Changed: It’ll now clear the screen before it starts reading/writing, giving you a more clear picture of what’s going on

Source and Download: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/simple-nand-flasher-1-3-beta-by-swizzy-automatic-mode-added/

I got a system that needs an update. But im waiting for others response. Im scurred

I got a system that needs an update. But im waiting for others response. Im scurred

Responses for what and why are you scared?

i dont have a hard flasher and dont want to go buy one if it goes wrong. It is a beta. I learned from the ps3 scene to sit back and watch first.

A quick update: In order for the CPUKey extraction to actually work you'll need to have Dashlaunch 3.01 or newer installed, any older dashlaunch version is incompatible (cOz added the feature i use with this version)

i dont have a hard flasher and dont want to go buy one if it goes wrong. It is a beta. I learned from the ps3 scene to sit back and watch first.

It's beta yes, but the read/write code for the nand has been tested for a very long time, i haven't heard of anyone having any major issues (the issues reported to me has been caused by faulty usb memories, which isn't really related to my tool in the first place)The reason i released it as a beta is because of the new features that haven't been tested for hours... i've done some tests, but not every single possible way... the features that make it a BETA:CPUKey extraction - Not tested a whole lot, but... it should work perfectly fine as it's afaik the same as the function which Team FSD have in F3, and the same that should be in the Dashlaunch installer (which also requires Dashlaunch 3.01 or newer in order to work)Automode - Well, it's for pre-defined commands, it might fail at some point, it shouldn't do that... but... i haven't really tested it out a shitload, just made sure that it runs the command expected...