RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
baabox

How to clone Aurora setup?

I hold Xbox 360 LAN parties with 8 RGH modded xboxes. They all have internal hard drives with the games. To make managing the xboxes easier, I though about setting up Aurora (downloading the covers, game updates, path settings) for one hard drive and then copying the Aurora files to other HDDs. 

However, it seems like the Aurora configuration doesn't copy over to other hard drives. Is the configuration tied to the hard drive? At least it's not console-tied as I can use the same hard drive in different consoles without losing the settings.

So, is there some way clone the same Aurora setup to multiple HDDs? Are there maybe some configuration files I'm missing? I make a copy of the folder in which Aurora.xex is located.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, baabox said:

I hold Xbox 360 LAN parties with 8 RGH modded xboxes. They all have internal hard drives with the games. To make managing the xboxes easier, I though about setting up Aurora (downloading the covers, game updates, path settings) for one hard drive and then copying the Aurora files to other HDDs. 

However, it seems like the Aurora configuration doesn't copy over to other hard drives. Is the configuration tied to the hard drive? At least it's not console-tied as I can use the same hard drive in different consoles without losing the settings.

So, is there some way clone the same Aurora setup to multiple HDDs? Are there maybe some configuration files I'm missing? I make a copy of the folder in which Aurora.xex is located.

Aurora configs are tied to the hard drive.. You would have to change the uuid to every new hdd, as the scan paths are setup like that.

Now, you are kind of making yourself go thru extra steps for no reason.. LAN parties are ment to be done locally, link is designed for abroad.. You dont need aurora/link for in-house parties.

But, you CAN have aurora setup on all the hdds, there just isnt a hotswap method, altho I suppose someone COULD write a script.. But I dont think the db files are accessible while aurora is running.

Damn, changing the uuid seems like a pain. Also, I'm not using link. I always disable it as makes some games not work locally.

The main reason I'm using Aurora is that it handles title updates. Most of my games have DLC so enabling title updates is a must. 

I think I will install the title updates manually in the content folders and just use XeXmenu or MS dash to launch the games.