RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
laukinming

New Recommendations about Temperatures/CPU Fan Settings on a Falcon XBOX360

I just bought a new RGHed XBOX360 from a friend and when I touched the back of the XBOX360, it was hot.

Then someone told me that I need to set the temperatures of certain parts in the XBOX 360 (i.e. CPU, GPU, and RAM) and fan movement (i.e. CPU Fan Override) as well.

My new XBOX 360 is a Phat Falcon model and that's all I know.

I know how to get to Dashlaunch by reading up, but I don't know what values would suit my XBOX 360 from burning up.

Please help or direct me to a link where I can read about this, most specifically a Phat Falcon XBOX360.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, laukinming said:

I just bought a new RGHed XBOX360 from a friend and when I touched the back of the XBOX360, it was hot.

Then someone told me that I need to set the temperatures of certain parts in the XBOX 360 (i.e. CPU, GPU, and RAM) and fan movement (i.e. CPU Fan Override) as well.

My new XBOX 360 is a Phat Falcon model and that's all I know.

I know how to get to Dashlaunch by reading up, but I don't know what values would suit my XBOX 360 from burning up.

Please help or direct me to a link where I can read about this, most specifically a Phat Falcon XBOX360.

Thank you.

This can be done by Dashlaunch. Enter it and press the RB button (If my memory fails me) to enter advanced options some video games do not accept the 'Target Temperatures'. If so, enable constant Cooler acceleration to about 70%. Save and leave. Then observe if it is working. Normally.

Xbox Works with temperatures around 60º to 65º of CPU. Put other ass in sequence with 4º unless. Example CPU 65 GPU 61... as Target Temperature Target if it is a warm country. Just don't let that go and it will work satisfactorily.

Well, the target temps are the same, but I put CPU Fan Speed to full blast (i.e. 100%) because of a guy from a Youtube how-to video told me to (no, I'm not hearing voices).

Other than that, the target temps are around 60C.

Thanks!

EDIT: Your settings are friendly with Phat Falcon models, are they?

2 hours ago, laukinming said:

Well, the target temps are the same, but I put CPU Fan Speed to full blast (i.e. 100%) because of a guy from a Youtube how-to video told me to (no, I'm not hearing voices).

Other than that, the target temps are around 60C.

Thanks!

EDIT: Your settings are friendly with Phat Falcon models, are they?

Setting the fan override negates the target temps.. 

Fan speed should be on auto.. 

And ofc the air coming out will be warm.. That's how the hot air escapes..

The fans will speed up to cool it more when set to auto.. 

5 hours ago, laukinming said:

I'm sorry, but how do you set fan speed to auto?

By turning off the checkbox?

Yes.. Turning off the fan speed override will set it to auto

21 hours ago, ianboy1987 said:

image.png.f9883cb47bb8fe9bad484cfcb2b0909a.png--Original Falcon

image.png.263108149c614ae6b999fcf259a531dd.png--Mine

Thanks, I'll try the "Original Falcon" parameters and then report back.

Thanks to felida for the final answer.

Thanks to all.

EDIT: You know what, ianboy1987? I'll try your personal settings; those parameters are what most people recommend.

Thanks go to the same people though.

OK, got around working my lazy ass and found the courage to adjust the target temperatures of my Falcon 360 to all 60C to 65C. As per felida's advice, I put the CPU fan on auto.

Are these settings appropriate for Falcon XBOX 360 phat units? If not, how should they be?

I'm still a little nervous about these settings, and I think I'll faint if I open up the XBOX 360 to put thermal paste on the CPU, especially when I don't know what I'm doing.

Sorry for the new post, by the way.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, laukinming said:

OK, got around working my lazy ass and found the courage to adjust the target temperatures of my Falcon 360 to all 60C to 65C. As per felida's advice, I put the CPU fan on auto.

Are these settings appropriate for Falcon XBOX 360 phat units? If not, how should they be?

I'm still a little nervous about these settings, and I think I'll faint if I open up the XBOX 360 to put thermal paste on the CPU, especially when I don't know what I'm doing.

Sorry for the new post, by the way.

The recommended is around there.. There is no exact specs but general guidelines.. You CAN run fans at 100%, but it'll be loud, and kill the fans quicker..