RealModScene
Master01

Aurora LiNK port unreachable

Hey! I want to play Black Ops 2 with LiNK, but I fail to pass the port verification, few months ago I was able to play without any issue, but now I am having this issue for some , reason. My Xbox is connected to the router via WiFi, and I am using fiber connection, so speed isn't an issue. I can see/join system link rooms, but the servers don't show up in-game. Please check my settings down below.

IMG_20190916_030142.jpg

Capture6.PNG

IMG_20190916_030116.jpg

Capture5.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

You cant see games because there aren't any.. Those ports are only needed to host, not join.. Ugh 

Hey! I read that somewhere else and tried that, but it doesn't work. I joined a packed room, but still no games show up. I was able to get a game every time before my ports failed, now I don't get anything

1 hour ago, Master01 said:

Hey! I read that somewhere else and tried that, but it doesn't work. I joined a packed room, but still no games show up. I was able to get a game every time before my ports failed, now I don't get anything

Probably because the games are full or are in progress.. Has NOTHING to do with your ports

5 hours ago, Master01 said:

The Data & broadcast ports that failed, doesn't have anything to do with not being able to join or see rooms.   They need to be open, if you're trying to host games to the link server. 

My data & broadcast  ports fail also but i know why they fail and i don't care.    I'm not trying to host games but if i wanted too, i know what i need to do.  

I see your router settings and they seem to be correct but it's obvious that those ports are not open or being used.    You can try another set of ports to see if they work.

2 minutes ago, morpheous said:

The Data & broadcast ports that failed, doesn't have anything to do with not being able to join or see rooms.   They need to be open, if you're trying to host games to the link server. 

My data & broadcast  ports fail also but i know why they fail and i don't care.    I'm not trying to host games but if i wanted too, i know what i need to do.  

I see your router settings and they seem to be correct but it's obvious that those ports are not open or being used.    You can try another set of ports to see if they work.

Ah I never tried using different ports. Thanks for the suggestion. 

8 hours ago, Master01 said:

nope I don't use Discord. I tried changing the ports from 3071-72 to 2071-72, but it fails

Try using a higher set of ports mate.. 

But I have a question, is your modem a router too? You could be suffering from a double nat issue.. Portforward.com has a program that can identify if you are...

If you use a seperate router for Wi-Fi you definetly have the double nat issue

9 hours ago, Master01 said:

nope I don't use Discord. I tried changing the ports from 3071-72 to 2071-72, but it fails

Oh well, sucks for you... 

i may have this wrong but..

it looks to me like your router found the ports via upnp, and upnp is enabled (2nd image) then youve set a static ip (4th image)and forwarded ports manually 3071 3072(6th, 7th image), and then done something in port triggering(5th image).....

no1: have you made sure on the 360 in network settings its set to manual and youve added the static ip you set, default gateway etc manually? if not try that first...then boot back to aurora and test/verify

if that dont work then i reckon if you go back to router settings, undo what you done with the static ip, port triggering, and manual ports youve added,, so youve just got the ports found by upnp like in 2nd image... on 360 put it back to auto in your network settings restart everyting and see if it passes everything in aurora.....

if not i suggest doing the static ip again (making sure you add it in manually in 360 network settings) and port forwarding 3071, 3072 as you did but leave out the port triggering i havnt seen anything that required that doing, again i may be wrong, just tryin to help. ive had similair issues recently but everything passes now..

9 hours ago, admanbadman said:

i may have this wrong but..

it looks to me like your router found the ports via upnp, and upnp is enabled (2nd image) then youve set a static ip (4th image)and forwarded ports manually 3071 3072(6th, 7th image), and then done something in port triggering(5th image).....

no1: have you made sure on the 360 in network settings its set to manual and youve added the static ip you set, default gateway etc manually? if not try that first...then boot back to aurora and test/verify

if that dont work then i reckon if you go back to router settings, undo what you done with the static ip, port triggering, and manual ports youve added,, so youve just got the ports found by upnp like in 2nd image... on 360 put it back to auto in your network settings restart everyting and see if it passes everything in aurora.....

if not i suggest doing the static ip again (making sure you add it in manually in 360 network settings) and port forwarding 3071, 3072 as you did but leave out the port triggering i havnt seen anything that required that doing, again i may be wrong, just tryin to help. ive had similair issues recently but everything passes now..

Upnp is for auto ip,

Forwarding is for static ip..

But yeah port triggering isnt needed.. But op never replied about the double nat issue, and most wouldnt even know without checking lol..