RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SerjS

How to update xbox 360 jtag

i have an xbox 360 jtag, and im afraid some games would want software update just like terraria did, how can i update it without ruining/breaking my xbox? Or is there an like app for it so i would put it on my xbox with usb and directly update it from there while connecting to wifi (not live)? 

There are a lot of guides out in the wild how to update, like youtube and others.

i dont want random! i want something simple and safe, if i cant find something from this post i will go and write in another forum. So if you have anything please tell me :) 

There can be no security in update process. Something can always happend. There are a lot of tutorials that explain the update process in detail.

okey, i know that video, i followed some of the steps of it. What happens when i download it from microsofts website? cause there is an option from usb download.

15 minutes ago, SerjS said:

What happens when i download it from microsofts website? cause there is an option from usb download. 

When you download what ?

Summarized the most important information for updating.

1. First you dump you nand image from your Xbox 360 JTAG/RGH

2. You Build with XeBuild, J-Runner or what ever your JTAG/RGH Image.

3. Flash your JTAG/RGH Image with simple nand flasher over usb.

4. Last step, download the retail image (the same nummber like your created JTAG/RGH Image) move the update to your USB Stick and flash it too.

Thats all.

All these are explained step by step in the tutorial video.

12 minutes ago, SerjS said:

Do you have an app for this website? It would be much faster :)

Nope.

Its important that you watched  the complete video and get sure that you have all understand. If not watch it a second time, or ask here. You can get all needed Tools here on realmodscene.

in the video, the person said that there is a risk included while doing the nand thing, should i worry about it?

Like I said something can always happen in update process and its evermore risky. You do it on your own risk.

The thing that happens which is risky, is it like the update fails but doesnt break my xbox? 

Yeah, flashing, bad blocks, writing errors, wrong XeBuild settings and so on. In this case its possible that your Xbox won`t boot again and you need a Hardware Flasher (soldering is needed) to flash the running image on your Nand again.

I don't have any statistics concerning how often the update get wrong. Take or leave it.

Okey, once again can you please tell me which one was the risky one? Was it the nand thing or the oftware update? 

Can you please help me, in the xebuild gui when i put the flashdmp its saying 'cant determine if its big or small block nand, do you want to continue anyways?' what should i do? Please answer. 

The latest XeBuild GUI is 3.2. If you dump your Xbox Nand, simple Nand flasher Show you up your console "nand" type ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

look dude, i dont understand these stuff lol, i just want this update to work and like finish it, i dont even care about my xbox being broken cause i hate jtagged consoles. Just tell me if this update will make the app recognize the flashdmp file and not say 'cant determine if its big or small block nand, do you want to continue anyways?' 

okey, i did it and it didnt say error or anything, the first page is all like the circles aren't marked, should i do something else before like continuing?