RealModScene
H0TL1N3

Connecting to LiNK with a Huawei router

So I'm interested in trying out LiNK on my Xbox. Problem is, I can't. At the moment, I'm running 0.7b r1622. I'm using a Wi-Fi connection, my xbox is able to connect to unity and my dash is 17526. I've tried verifying my LiNK connection with the Nova Module. Every single check is passed, except for the Data Port and the Broadcast Port. They are 3072 and 3071 respectively. I've tried to add them to my Virtual Server on my Huawei B315s-22 router using my Xbox's IP, but, sadly, it doesn't work. The screenshots of it are attached. LiNK itself is Enabled, and the boxes for RSS Feed and UPNP are ticked.

screenshot.png.edb1f2299698507ea4966285f5e052ab.png

5 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Try other ports. Your router has an DMZ Option ?

I'd have to try the other ports a bit later since I'm transferring files to my console, but DMZ functionality is there.

Edited by H0TL1N3
typo

Move your Xbox 360 in router dmz and see what happends. Try other ports like 3072, 3074 and so on.

16 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Move your Xbox 360 in router dmz and see what happends. Try other ports like 3072, 3074 and so on.

Xbox 360 moved to DMZ, 3073 and 3074 ports tried, didn't work.

DMZ Should work. If a device is moved in dmz, its the same like your device stands outside of a firewall. All ports are reachable. What kind of internet connection (DSL, cable, mobile) did you use ?

2 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

DMZ Should work. If a device is moved in dmz, its the same like your device stands outside of a firewall. All ports are reachable. What kind of internet connection (DSL, cable, mobile) did you use ?

I'm using 4G, if that's what you're asking.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

A mobile connection is bad. In most cases you cant forward ports.

aw man. sucks ;-;

The most mobile provider allocate private IPs for the customers. But if you want forwards´ ports you need a public IP. Its available  in some expensive, or special contracts.

2 hours ago, H0TL1N3 said:

aw man. sucks ;-;

2 hours ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

The most mobile provider allocate private IPs for the customers. But if you want forwards´ ports you need a public IP. Its available  in some expensive, or special contracts.

You do not need the data and broadcast ports open to play on Link.. Only to host 😉

1 minute ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

I now.

Did not mean to quote you on that mate.. My bad

• Thanks 1

So... Something happened. I've changed the ports back to 3072 and 3071 on the router and on the console, but during the verification phase the ports still couldnt be reached. I decided to boot up Halo: Reach, and, to my surprise, I could actually see people's rooms and connect to them, but I don't have any idea how to actually play with them :P

• Thanks 1

If ports are blocked you can always join a game session, but you can`t host a game for your friends.

7 hours ago, H0TL1N3 said:

So... Something happened. I've changed the ports back to 3072 and 3071 on the router and on the console, but during the verification phase the ports still couldnt be reached. I decided to boot up Halo: Reach, and, to my surprise, I could actually see people's rooms and connect to them, but I don't have any idea how to actually play with them :P

You would need to go to the games version of a lobby, usually before the game starts.. Most games do not allow for joining while in progress

Edit: you can also try different port range.. You COULD try ports 8000 and 8001.. The specific ports you are trying could be blocked period.. But others are free

3 hours ago, felida said:

You would need to go to the games version of a lobby, usually before the game starts.. Most games do not allow for joining while in progress

Edit: you can also try different port range.. You COULD try ports 8000 and 8001.. The specific ports you are trying could be blocked period.. But others are free

Well, I'll have to figure that out. In the meantime, I'll try BO2. Ports 8000 and 8001 weren't reachable during verification.

10 hours ago, H0TL1N3 said:

LiNK works in BO2. Thanks for helping!

Yeah didnt think so about the ports.. Probably all ports can't be open.. But glad you got it to play mate

You also need to enable UPNP within your router settings and in the Nova settings within Aurora. try that and see if all the ports are open and pass. 

I setup my network with 2 subnets.  The 1st network is the cable modem and router, the 2nd network is connected to a 2nd router via cat5 cable.

This is done, so i can have my own wireless network for my devices that use wifi like my Samsung A20 phones and ipad tablets and such.     can't do that with a LAN to Lan network setup.   So i setup a LAN to WAN setup.  ^_^ 

My network doesn't pass the data and broadcast ports, because of this.    It's only when i disconnect the LAN cable coming from one of the 1st routers lan port, directly into my RGH 360, will i pass the Data and broadcast ports.   

I don't host often anyway, so i don't really care.  

16 hours ago, morpheous said:

You also need to enable UPNP within your router settings and in the Nova settings within Aurora. try that and see if all the ports are open and pass. 

If you've read closely, than you would've seen that I mentioned all of the checks before the port ones being successful. UPNP is activated.

Edited by H0TL1N3
typo

19 hours ago, morpheous said:

I setup my network with 2 subnets.  The 1st network is the cable modem and router, the 2nd network is connected to a 2nd router via cat5 cable.

This is done, so i can have my own wireless network for my devices that use wifi like my Samsung A20 phones and ipad tablets and such.     can't do that with a LAN to Lan network setup.   So i setup a LAN to WAN setup.  ^_^ 

My network doesn't pass the data and broadcast ports, because of this.    It's only when i disconnect the LAN cable coming from one of the 1st routers lan port, directly into my RGH 360, will i pass the Data and broadcast ports.   

I don't host often anyway, so i don't really care.  

You have what is called a double nat issue..

You need to open ports on router a(modem) to router b, then the ports on router b to rgh.. Then you will pass.. 

2 minutes ago, felida said:

You have what is called a double nat issue..

You need to open ports on router a(modem) to router b, then the ports on router b to rgh.. Then you will pass.. 

Yeah, i know but i actually don't care enough to bother.  

3 hours ago, H0TL1N3 said:

If you've read closely, than you would've seen that I mentioned all of the checks before the port ones being successful. UPNP is activated.

Do you really need to respond with such an attitude?  This is the gratitude you receive, when someone takes the time to respond to someone, asking for help.

Regardless of the fact you already wrote that you had enabled UPNP, it isn't justification for being a prick!