RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ElvPresidente

Dash.xex doesn't open - please help!

I literally cannot access the original Dashboard anymore. Dash.xex takes me to a blank screen every time I try and access it. I've tried using the guide-menu, launching it from a file manager and even opening the disc drive as I boot up the console but nothing. Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this? 

I bought it today and initially tried to connect to my wifi, but wasn't able to connect at all which prompted me to restart the console. After that point, however, I have been able to boot automatically into Aurora but all access to the original dashboard crashes my console to a blank black screen. 

If absolutely anyone can get back to me with some help or even to let me know what I've done wrong, I would be eternally grateful. 

Moved from Aurora Support forum, coz its here better in place !

Dr.Gonzo.

You have tried to hold the right shoulder button if the console boot up, to get into nxe (original) Dashboard ?

I've tried that already, it's just the blank screen again. I was looking into checking for bad blocks - I assume that involves opening the xbox and connecting it to the computer? 

If you have any Image Backups, build a new RGH v2. Image (17544) and flash it.

8 minutes ago, ElvPresidente said:

I assume that involves opening the xbox and connecting it to the computer?  

First step is to dump your console image. You need only a USB Stick and Swizzys simple Nand flasher. If bad blocks are existing in your (nand) Image, the simple nand flasher should reporting it.

Okay thanks, I'll get on with that and see what I can do. The only other problem I've had (from the start) is that I've not been able to connect a USB to the Xbox either so I can't even transfer any files to the system at the moment. I'm trying to sort that out too. 

If your USB Stick is formated in FAT32, the console should recognizes the Usb Stick. If not try another usb ports or usb stick. Another way to dump your console image is over Xell (if your console is booting furthermore in Xell). You have to connect your console with your computer over Lan.

After getting myself up to date with a few things Xbox-Mod related, I've been able to get access to the console via. FTP on my PC, so I'm able to take files off and also put new ones on - including recently installing Simple 360 Nand Flasher. Although now the problem is that I'm unable to make a dump of my nand as the program issues an error as soon as I select a directory to place the dump. 

Can I do any of this while not being the original modifier of the console?

13 hours ago, ElvPresidente said:

After getting myself up to date with a few things Xbox-Mod related, I've been able to get access to the console via. FTP on my PC, so I'm able to take files off and also put new ones on - including recently installing Simple 360 Nand Flasher. Although now the problem is that I'm unable to make a dump of my nand as the program issues an error as soon as I select a directory to place the dump. 

Can I do any of this while not being the original modifier of the console?

You shouldnt be able to select the directory to place the dump.. It automatically places the dump where the default.xex is ran from..