RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
pantostado

DLC not working

I know this has been asked before tirelessly around various forums, but I still can't find an answer for my problem. I'm tying to get the DLC from Dishonored to work. I set the correct file paths, have the latest title update and Aurora even shows all the DLC installed. So why is it when I get into the game it doesn't show up? Even XM360 says I don't have the DLC installed.

I need help, please.

2 hours ago, pantostado said:

I know this has been asked before tirelessly around various forums, but I still can't find an answer for my problem. I'm tying to get the DLC from Dishonored to work. I set the correct file paths, have the latest title update and Aurora even shows all the DLC installed. So why is it when I get into the game it doesn't show up? Even XM360 says I don't have the DLC installed.

I need help, please.

Xm360 is only able to show you DLC's TU's that are on the internal hard drive. 
in the MID of the TU might be incompatible with your own. Go straight on to the web site xboxunity, and to confirm that this is TU, and in the MID of your game.

If yes, you probably have the DLC are locked out. in order to unlock them, put them on the internal hard drive to the XM360 to be able to work or do the unlock on a computer running Content Manager.

10 minutes ago, Neocazen said:

Xm360 is only able to show you DLC's TU's that are on the internal hard drive. 
in the MID of the TU might be incompatible with your own. Go straight on to the web site xboxunity, and to confirm that this is TU, and in the MID of your game.

If yes, you probably have the DLC are locked out. in order to unlock them, put them on the internal hard drive to the XM360 to be able to work or do the unlock on a computer running Content Manager.

MID is correct. Right now I was getting TU:0 in almost every game that I had manually put it's TU in it's corresponding folder.

Now I'm using Horizon to install TUs and at least Dishonored worked, but I'm getting a crash with Gears of War 3, even when installing the TU with matching Game ID and MID. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.

4 hours ago, pantostado said:

MID is correct. Right now I was getting TU:0 in almost every game that I had manually put it's TU in it's corresponding folder.

Now I'm using Horizon to install TUs and at least Dishonored worked, but I'm getting a crash with Gears of War 3, even when installing the TU with matching Game ID and MID. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.

use aurora to download title updates.. there is more to it than just having correct mediaID..

as for xm360, you have to rescan EVERY time you add something mate..

make sure you use a hardline and not wifi

2 hours ago, felida said:

use aurora to download title updates.. there is more to it than just having correct mediaID..

as for xm360, you have to rescan EVERY time you add something mate..

make sure you use a hardline and not wifi

The thing when using aurora is that, even after enabling the TU, when I'm inside the game and press the XBOX Home button thing, the information at the bottom right says TU:0. And that happens with every game that I try to update through Aurora's Title Updates.

10 minutes ago, pantostado said:

The thing when using aurora is that, even after enabling the TU, when I'm inside the game and press the XBOX Home button thing, the information at the bottom right says TU:0. And that happens with every game that I try to update through Aurora's Title Updates.

then that would mean the TU didnt download properly..

dont use wifi on your console.. use wired connection

1 hour ago, felida said:

then that would mean the TU didnt download properly..

dont use wifi on your console.. use wired connection

If I download the update through, for example, xboxunity and manually paste it in the corresponding folder for the game, wouldn't it be the same? Because I'm doing that and it isn't working

40 minutes ago, pantostado said:

If I download the update through, for example, xboxunity and manually paste it in the corresponding folder for the game, wouldn't it be the same? Because I'm doing that and it isn't working

no, because like i ALREADY said, it has to MATCH the game.. if aurora DOES NOT find it, then there isnt a matching version

18 minutes ago, felida said:

no, because like i ALREADY said, it has to MATCH the game.. if aurora DOES NOT find it, then there isnt a matching version

What ID or IDs does Aurora use to "MATCH" games?

What ID or IDs does Aurora use to "MATCH" games?

Mediaid and base version..

You cant take something that is meant for a different version and expect it to work with another

4 hours ago, felida said:

Mediaid and base version..

You cant take something that is meant for a different version and expect it to work with another

If you think I'm taking a random TU I found online and trying to update my game with it we're not understanding each other.

I'm aware there are different Game versions for each game (Title ID) and Media ID. What Aurora does is checking those attributes of the game you're trying to find updates for, and matching them with whatever DB it connects to (I think it's the official Xbox Live Marketplace). I know you know this very well.

So what I'm doing is searching with the EXACT SAME ID's Aurora would check for finding a TU through it's Dashboard UI, downloading the EXACT SAME TUs Aurora would fetch, but doing it manually.

Now that we're clear, I'd like to know why, despite "enabling" the corresponding updates through Aurora, my games appear with "TU:0" when launched.

If you think I'm taking a random TU I found online and trying to update my game with it we're not understanding each other.

I'm aware there are different Game versions for each game (Title ID) and Media ID. What Aurora does is checking those attributes of the game you're trying to find updates for, and matching them with whatever DB it connects to (I think it's the official Xbox Live Marketplace). I know you know this very well.

So what I'm doing is searching with the EXACT SAME ID's Aurora would check for finding a TU through it's Dashboard UI, downloading the EXACT SAME TUs Aurora would fetch, but doing it manually.

Now that we're clear, I'd like to know why, despite "enabling" the corresponding updates through Aurora, my games appear with "TU:0" when launched.

And as I have said, that means the TU would be corrupt, or doesnt match your version of the game..

Also, it doesn't read from a database, the files are parsed and read from that, as the game and tu both can easily be read mate, just like the xbox does.. The xbox doesnt magically contact live servers(without internet) to read if they match up or not mate..

And just to add.. This was even talked about by Gavin plenty times before.. There is no hash checks.. So even if the TU is partially there, aurora will read it.. This happens when you download via Wi-Fi lol.. As I previously stated