RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
loady

my MAME ideal setup

I have experimented with a few mame ports for the RGH xbox, I have a really good romset that work on MAME72 port, the only problem with it is, when you want to come out of a game and select another, there is no way to do it, you have to restart aurora and start mame again, ver, very annoying, i tried the retroarch version, i love the functionality of it but it is very clunky looking, not polished like the other, when you try to select a menu item, instead of highligting, its just flickers, its really hard to see where you are, also, it doesnt give a cover on the cover flow..finally i tried MAME360, i love and use the SNES360 and GENESIS360 and they work very well, the MAME360 ilooks very good but unfortunatley it doesnt work with my romset and i dont really want to go scouring for another romset for it

I guess i am just being a bit fussy, i would love it if a 'return to menu' button press could be applied to MAME72 and i would stick with it. i have tried revision 8 of this port for the RGH but it doesnt seem to still let you go back to game selection menu from within a game .can anyone suggest anything else ?

I had the same problem but now fixed,do this:

1.open the mame in game config menu try pressing the right joystick a black little window will appear on screen with many options.

2. Select "input general" by pressing A button now you will see a list look for "UI CANCEL"   select it by  press A button on the controller  then press BACK button and Left on Dpad cross at the same time on player 1 controller this configure the exit to menu to back+dpad left, now close the mame in game menu little black window by pressing back and dpad left until you see the list of games on mame.

3.Select any game, now in game press Back button and Left dpad to test.

• Thanks 1