RealModScene
Nathanrico04

Downgrade Xbox 360

Is it possible to downgrade xbox 360?, and if yes so how

For many years I've been looking for this answer, and yes I already know about that story that is not possible to play new games etc etc, I already know about all that, what I wanted to do was a "Journey" for the Xbox 360 versions, including dash and 
games of these years, crazy thing I know,but I kind of dreamed it for a long time, and if it's possible to do it, as I would

Now a detail, What I do know is that my xbox 360 is a zephyr from May 2008, and as far as I remember it was on dash 6717 when I bought, so I thought I'd go back to it

P_20190723_150943_p.jpg

P_20190723_150950_p.jpg

You can only downgrade JTAG or RGH units. If you want back to 6717  Dashboard, it becomes more difficult, coz you need the 6717 Dashboard Files, to build the Dash.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

You can only downgrade JTAG or RGH units. If you want back to 6717  Dashboard, it becomes more difficult, coz you need the 6717 Dashboard Files, to build the Dash.

That Xbox is RGH, and i have the files too, but is that files?image.png.54c0757fde4b4c9b651a22b48aeae91d.png is t

Nope. The files in the Image is your console flash.You need the Dashboard Files for XeBuild.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Nope. The files in the Image is your console flash.You need the Dashboard Files for XeBuild.

Oh, its hard to do that?

If you have the dashboard files (6717) for Xebuild its pretty easy to build a new one. I mean we had a User here on Realmodscene with the same topic in the past. He want downgrade his JTAG/RGH unit to very old dashboard. He got the needed Dashboard Files from a RMS member.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

If you have the dashboard files (6717) for Xebuild its pretty easy to build a new one. I mean we had a User here on Realmodscene with the same topic in the past.

I think I read this, but it seemed to me that I had not come to a clear conclusion, but now it's a little easier to understand, I'll look around to see if I find this file

You would downgrade your console. You build a new kernel/dashboard (6717) with Xebuild and flash it to you Xbox 360.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

You would downgrade your console. You build a new kernel/dashboard (6717) with Xebuild and flash it to you Xbox 360.

I applied the patch, it looked like this, so I would just put it on a USB stick, or need to use this J-runner?

image.pngimage.png.21ba8e2de805b87adf2d5223f09da7fc.png

The files in your Image looks like flash files. But you need Files for Xebuild (its a part of Image builder like J-Runner & XeBuild GUI). If your Xbox 360 is JTAG & RGH Unit, you have to build your Image with it. We have here on Realmodscene an tutorial seciton. It discribes step by step, how to update your JTAG/RGH flash.

Edit:

You cant downgrade a retail console. Its only possible on JTAG & RGH consoles.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Os arquivos da sua imagem parecem arquivos flash. Mas você precisa de Arquivos para o Xebuild (é uma parte do construtor Image como o J-Runner & XeBuild GUI). Se o seu Xbox 360 é JTAG & RGH Unit, você tem que construir sua imagem com ele. Nós temos aqui no Realmodscene um tutorial seciton . Descreve passo a passo, como atualizar seu flash JTAG / RGH.

Editar:

Você não pode rebaixar um console de varejo. É apenas possível em consoles JTAG & RGH.

Ah so to downgrade is the same procedure to update?

Yeah.

In both things you have to build a new kernel/dashboard. And forget x360GameHack. You need XeBuld GUI or J-Runner.

Is your console a JTAG or RGH one ?

1 minute ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Yeah.

In both things you have to build a new kernel/dashboard. And forget x360GameHack. You need XeBuld GUI or J-Runner.

Is your console a JTAG or RGH one ?

RGH

That sounds good.

You can use J Runner or XeBuild GUI to build a new Dashboard. But like I said, you need the dashboard Xebuild files for your 6717 dashboard. I now xebuild/J Runner support 7371 as lowest dashboard. For all lower dashboards/kernel versions than 7371 you need the files, that XeBuild & J Runner can build your dashboard.

13 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

That sounds good.

You can use J Runner or XeBuild GUI to build a new Dashboard. But like I said, you need the dashboard Xebuild files for your 6717 dashboard. I now xebuild/J Runner support 7371 as lowest dashboard. For all lower dashboards/kernel versions than 7371 you need the files, that XeBuild & J Runner can build your dashboard.

The problem is, I can't use this flash image, i need to find another right?

Once again, you have to build your own dashboard. There are here on Realmodscene and on other places (like Youtube) a lot of tutorials, how you build your own dashboard. If you flash a dashboard from another console to your Xbox 360 your console get bricked.

I tryed this some time back as i like the old blade dash. Just for a trip down memory lane the problem i had was using jrunner you cant build a rgh2 nand on the old 7371 dash. It was greyed out 

22 minutes ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Once again, you have to build your own dashboard. There are here on Realmodscene and on other places (like Youtube) a lot of tutorials, how you build your own dashboard. If you flash a dashboard from another console to your Xbox 360 your console get bricked.

Oh sorry, I'm very confused, it's because I wanted to understand everything right before doing shit, I think I got it now, but to build a dashbord do I need her files right?

so I can't use the update files to build a dashbord right?

Dashboard builder like XeBuild GUI or J Runner, support from default to build Dashboards/Kernels from 7371 up to 17526. The Dashboard builders have the needed files onboard. For all other Dashboard versions (in your case 6717 ) you have to add the Dashboard Files to your Image Builder (JRunner & XeBuild GUI).

You need to dump your nand, work out if you jtag, rgh or rgh2 and get your cpu key. Once have all these you can build a new nand image on any xbox dash 7371+

I downloaded this earlya it has all the older dashes included

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ianboy1987 said:

You need to dump your nand, work out if you jtag, rgh or rgh2 and get your cpu key. Once have all these you can build a new nand image on any xbox dash 7371+

I downloaded this earlya it has all the older dashes included

Including 6717?