RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Armandooooo

[Aurora] Is dev still on going?

Dear all,

I am sorry to ask the question but there are a lot of people like me enjoying like hell that xb360 still. Is Aurora development still going on? Can we exect to see a version 0.8 with the loading over lan?

I appreciate a lot your work and your dash is by far the best.

Thank you

That is unfortunate. I get it though, as I have been caught up in the switch stuff. I will say this, it would be nice if in the end it was open sourced, so people could continue the project if they wanted.

5 hours ago, Mattie said:

We all got sucked up in life, so I don't think there will be an 0.8, sorry.

WTF Really!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

That is unfortunate. I get it though, as I have been caught up in the switch stuff. I will say this, it would be nice if in the end it was open sourced, so people could continue the project if they wanted.

I second this.. Lol.. Would be nice to tinker with the source.. See what can be put out, learn from it and whatnot

5 hours ago, felida said:

I second this.. Lol.. Would be nice to tinker with the source.. See what can be put out, learn from it and whatnot

Not sure if that will happen either, there is stuff in it that isn't ours to release... 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:03 AM, Mattie said:

Not sure if that will happen either, there is stuff in it that isn't ours to release... 

can you be more specific  please ?

2 hours ago, PopeyedGull5 said:

can you be more specific  please ?

There is code that the devs do not have permission to release.. How much more specific do you need? If I write some code, and say I dont want it publicly released.. Then yeah it shouldnt be

That is really sad... I understand but that is still sad.

Did you progress toward 0.8 or nothing has really been worked on since 0.7?

I like your work though.

1 hour ago, Armandooooo said:

That is really sad... I understand but that is still sad.

Did you progress toward 0.8 or nothing has really been worked on since 0.7?

I like your work though.

there was progress towards 0.8.. but that has since been put on hiatus.. and seems like just stopped, at least for now for the time being

On 7/24/2019 at 11:08 AM, Mattie said:

We all got sucked up in life, so I don't think there will be an 0.8, sorry.

Ain't that the truth???

I haven't had really a day to myself since I started subbing for Bailiwick.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:58 AM, felida said:

There is code that the devs do not have permission to release.. How much more specific do you need? If I write some code, and say I dont want it publicly released.. Then yeah it shouldnt be

i didn't ask for your  opinion brother :) that first 

he said " there is stuff in it that isn't ours to release " and i want to know what kind of code he wont publish if he consider publishing  the code on github or whatever , i want and the community want to support the project , probably you said donate to them but not all people are rich or have some extra money to give , so we want to support the project buy fix bugs and add extra stuff on it 

I don't know how many people are supposed to contribute but is it all of them who have less time now?

Is there anything we can do as a community to help or cheer you up?

1 hour ago, PopeyedGull5 said:

i didn't ask for your  opinion brother :) that first 

he said " there is stuff in it that isn't ours to release " and i want to know what kind of code he wont publish if he consider publishing  the code on github or whatever , i want and the community want to support the project , probably you said donate to them but not all people are rich or have some extra money to give , so we want to support the project buy fix bugs and add extra stuff on it 

first off brother.. the testers is a closed group, invite only. second, i was giving an example. third: i gave you the EXACT reason.. the dev's will not divulge the information you are requesting, they will explicitly state "there is stuff in there that isn't ours to release" as they have.

i am just telling you like it is.. and aurora is/was done out of peoples spare time, and peoples spare time gets shifted with real life stuff.. it is that simple

9 minutes ago, Armandooooo said:

I don't know how many people are supposed to contribute but is it all of them who have less time now?

Is there anything we can do as a community to help or cheer you up?

it is like this:

peoples lives change, that is the simple answer lol.. 

• Like 1

I am there to support. The only thing I can do is say how happy I am to use Aurora and how I like it.

There always people complaining. So for the one who likes it, please express yourself!

i was hoping to at lest make it to ver 1.0 or higher!!!!! on Aurora Nova LiNK~. tbh, don't care about what was planed and all that stuff... thanks for the best System LiNK~ Online XBox 360 RGH/JTAG Console's... thank you.... you all have a good day

I think Aurora is pretty complete as it is. We never planned for it to get this big, the whole intention was a lean, better performing dash than Freestyle was, focused on getting from boot up to playing a game as fast as possible (thats why it starts with coverflow from launch). Then it just grew to what it is now, but I think Aurora has been very useable and complete since 0.1.

And yeah, this is just how live goes, people get busy and fade away. I wish it were different, but I haven't even booted up my 360 in months, if not longer...

37 minutes ago, Mattie said:

I think Aurora is pretty complete as it is. We never planned for it to get this big, the whole intention was a lean, better performing dash than Freestyle was, focused on getting from boot up to playing a game as fast as possible (thats why it starts with coverflow from launch). Then it just grew to what it is now, but I think Aurora has been very useable and complete since 0.1.

And yeah, this is just how live goes, people get busy and fade away. I wish it were different, but I haven't even booted up my 360 in months, if not longer...

from the get go... i all ways wanted text chat from dash and game or what ever... as for text chat. don't care if it's for the controller chat pad, USB keyborad or on the console or all, and maybe someday voice chat from dash and game or what ever....... that my wish's for chating on xbox 360 jtag/rgh....................................................

Damn, would've been nice to end off with version 8....  oh well, I hear ya....  LIFE!!!

Thanks to Aurora team for an awesome homebrew interface, your dedication, time and hard work!

• Like 1

I basically have been around since the inception of modifying the Xbox original. This was during the time my kids were in middle school and I wanted to do something that would be radically fun. Hence, I developed a new hobby that I loved! 
I’ve seen many changes take place with the development of exploits, hardware, software/home brew all the way down to chassis and shell modification. It has been and IS a fun and exciting adventure.
Everyone here at RMS along with the teams at Phoenix, team FSD, XeBuild, and the list goes on with amazing individuals whom have contributed to the scene. I have to give a shout out for a job well done!! Your development and support that you’ve given the community goes beyond measure while it’s frame you’ve built enables it to stand AND expand.
Thank you for your sometimes thankless and taken for granted sacrifices. You are not only the architect but also the glue which holds this amazing society together.
You’re amazing! 
A debt of gratitude is owed to many but here is a start to begin that list:
cory1492 TeamFSD, Chrishockey55 Developer, JPizzle “That Fuckin Guy”, JQE Hackin the Box, Kebob RMS Freshman, MaesterRowen Phoenix, Mattie Phoenix, BioHazard RMS Freshman, Blackwolf “What a jerk”, Dr.Gonzo RMS Senior, felida RMS PHD, gavin_darkglider RMS, MastersTraJiK Gypsy By Blood

May the scene never die!

Regards,
wantin2mod

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, Mattie said:

Is there a chance to release the source parts that would be deemed releasable? plugins etc...

On 9/20/2019 at 6:40 PM, wantin2mod said:

I basically have been around since the inception of modifying the Xbox original. This was during the time my kids were in middle school and I wanted to do something that would be radically fun. Hence, I developed a new hobby that I loved! 
I’ve seen many changes take place with the development of exploits, hardware, software/home brew all the way down to chassis and shell modification. It has been and IS a fun and exciting adventure.
Everyone here at RMS along with the teams at Phoenix, team FSD, XeBuild, and the list goes on with amazing individuals whom have contributed to the scene. I have to give a shout out for a job well done!! Your development and support that you’ve given the community goes beyond measure while it’s frame you’ve built enables it to stand AND expand.
Thank you for your sometimes thankless and taken for granted sacrifices. You are not only the architect but also the glue which holds this amazing society together.
You’re amazing! 
A debt of gratitude is owed to many but here is a start to begin that list:
cory1492 TeamFSD, Chrishockey55 Developer, JPizzle “That Fuckin Guy”, JQE Hackin the Box, Kebob RMS Freshman, MaesterRowen Phoenix, Mattie Phoenix, BioHazard RMS Freshman, Blackwolf “What a jerk”, Dr.Gonzo RMS Senior, felida RMS PHD, gavin_darkglider RMS, MastersTraJiK Gypsy By Blood

May the scene never die!

Regards,
wantin2mod

You are welcome.... Personally I have been doing switch related stuff lately. I didnt even bother to update my 360 with the last xebuild/dashlaunch that was released. lol. Mainly because I have no need for it. That being said, Switchbrew(Another modding team I am a member of) Achieved LP0 in linux today after fighting with it for 108days. lol.